Healthcare Liaisons

RACHEL DATOrachel - edited

EDUCATION  | B.A in Public Health

CLASS STANDING  |  Senior

MORE ABOUT RACHEL |  When I first started school at the UW, I knew I wanted to go into the healthcare field. I started out thinking I wanted to give personal, direct care to patients and so Nursing was my goal. But after different volunteer and work experiences, I started seeing the flaws in the management and healthcare system. Looking further into this, I found out about the business and administration side of healthcare, and it really intrigued me. Through this, although not working directly with patients, I learned that I could still work within the healthcare field and make an impact. I was encouraged to join BLHC because I recognized their mission. I want to help spread awareness to other students of the various opportunities available to them that don’t involve giving direct care to patients, but are still in the realm of healthcare. I aspire to help other students see and expand their knowledge of the bridge between business and healthcare, and to use this as an advantage to further their educational and career goals.

FUN FACT  | Fun fact: Playing guitar is my favorite hobby!

lewis.2 (640x562) - CopyLEWIS LUO

EDUCATION | B.A in Business Administration Finance Option, B.S. in Neurobiology

CLASS STANDING | Junior

MORE ABOUT LEWIS | Lewis hails from Kenmore, Washington. He’s lived in this state his whole life and is the son of two Chinese immigrants. He wishes to go to dental school and eventually open his own clinic. Lewis is also a leader for a prehealth RSO and is a member of several others. His involvement with BLHC stems from his aspiration of owning a small business. He looks forward to serving as one of two Healthcare Liaisons this upcoming year and encourages people who are interested in healthcare, business, and everything in between to join BLHC.

FUN FACT | The first time he went kayaking he flipped over.