VPs of Membership

VY TRAN

EDUCATION | Environmental Health, Biology, and Diversity

CLASS STANDING | Senior

MORE ABOUT VY | Passion, an open mind & curiosity have brought Vy down wonderful avenues in life and this includes finding herself immersed in BLHC and its mission. She hopes to share the same amazing experience she had last year with every member who joins! With BLHC, Vy hopes to merge her ambitions of becoming a healthcare professional with her vision of creating sustainable change in under-served communities in the near and distant future. She is currently involved in various health-related and service organizations around the UW & Seattle area and is ready to start connecting BLHC with the right people and resources! She is very excited to 1. Make the 2014-2015 year the most engaged ever for its members! & 2. To start making BLHC a household name by expanding BLHC around the nation!

In her spare time, she enjoys online-shopping, playing chess, carving wood, and developing her non-profit for students in the South Seattle region.

FUN FACT | I still listen to the song “Fergalicious”. No shame.

MONICA RUDDELL

EDUCATION | B.S in Health Informatics and Health Information Management

CLASS STANDING | Senior

MORE ABOUT MONICA | I began attending the UW as a pre-medical student, my dream major since my second grade “When I Grow Up” presentation. After experience in the field, I realized I was not equipped to handle the intensely graphic career, so I looked for other opportunities in the health profession and was intrigued by the growing field of healthcare administration. It was after research that I understood this was the perfect opportunity for me to combine my passion for serving others and my natural leadership and organizational abilities. During my sophomore year, I served as president of my sorority. I knew the field would allow me to apply the management skills I acquired directly in my career. Even though my academic path did not go according to my original plan, I was able to find a program that I was much more interested in and suited for. I understood this was the perfect opportunity for me to combine my passion for serving others and my natural leadership and organizational skills. I recognized that this field was much closer to the goals I had for myself all along, as the specifics of being a doctor had not given me the drive and interest in the medical field, but rather my desire to work for the improvement of health both locally and on a larger scale. I am so excited to be able to serve as the VP of Membership along with Vy this year and have new ideas I would like to implement to further the impact of BLHC!

FUN FACT | I have never been pulled over while driving!