Founder, Erik Richardson

Screen Shot 2013-09-18 at 7.55.36 PMERIK RICHARDSON

EDUCATION  |  B.S. in Biochemistry and B.A. in Business Administration (Operations and Supply Chain Management)

CLASS STANDING  |  Super-senior

MORE ABOUT ERIK  |  In recalling his time at the UW dental school, my dad commented that, “They teach you everything there is to know about how to be a dentist. Then, as they send you on your way,  yell out the door, ‘By the way, you’ll have to run a business!'” It took me some time to discover exactly how to approach applying his insight. It was about the time of that conversation I was also discovering an interest in the ambitious future of personalized medicine. Modern advances in biotechnology and biochemistry have captured my imagination for what is possible in medicine and I have my sights set on being a part of those discoveries. Understanding DNA, the code of life, holds the possibility of reshaping the landscape of healthcare. Eventually I would like to start a company that focuses on the application of this understanding  to individuals, providing a personally focused solution to the world’s medical issues. Being a student of both science and business has highlighted the symbiotic relationship that exists between the two. As Vice President of Membership for BLHC I will encourage motivated individuals to be a part of the opportunities this club has to offer and help them to discover their place in that relationship.

FUN FACT  |  I have been skiing for 21 years, it is my passion. There is nothing I enjoy more than hiking into a snow covered wilderness to shred some gnarly lines with good friends.