Although UBRC is primarily a club for recreational rowing, interested rowers can take part in local regattas between March and November each year.
Substantially all racing fees are covered by those racing and nearly all regattas require competitors to wear matching racing jerseys. At this time, that means our competitors must buy or borrow matching racing jerseys.
Race entries are generally due 3 weeks before the race date. With the exception of the Greenlake and Otter Island races, most races are now managed through Regatta Central.
The local races we often compete in are:
- mid-March Greenlake – Greenlake Spring Regatta
- mid-June Lake Vancouver – Regional USRowing Masters Regatta
- early-August Greenlake – Greenlake Summer Extravaganza
- mid-September Everett – Otter Island Travelling Regatta
- late-September Lake Union – Row for the Cure
- mid-October Lake Union – Tail of the Lake
- mid-November Lake Union – Head of the Lake
There are other regattas in the Portland-Seattle-Vancouver BC area that interested rowers can travel to and pursue. In years past, we have also been invited to the club races in the Opening Day Regatta (early-May), and we have participated in the Puget Sound Rowers’ Sausage Pull (mid-August).