Mentorship Quarterly Awards
Nominate a Mentor/Mentee
Applications are now open until December 25th
The purpose of these awards is to recognize outstanding mentors and mentees for their contributions to the Neuroscience Mentorship program. These awards will acknowledge those who serve as exemplary role models and resources to the students in our program and across the campus community. Their innovation, time, and dedication to creating successful mentor/mentee relationships have been crucial in ensuring the success of our program; thank you for your continued efforts!
- ABOVE AND BEYOND AWARD: Honors those who demonstrated effort that was above and beyond mentor/mentee responsibilities, and provided an exceptional level of support for the professional development and advancement of his or her mentee.
- INSPIRATION AWARD: Honors those who inspired others to do their best and served as a role model.
- LEADING BY EXAMPLE AWARD: Honors those who demonstrated extraordinary leadership skills.
- OUTSTANDING TEACHING AWARD: Recognizes those who demonstrated outstanding teaching/mentoring as well as those who challenged students to take the next steps in their academic career, supported student inquiry, and provided constructive feedback.
- OUTSTANDING LEARNING AWARD: Recognizes those who demonstrated extraordinary curiosity and commitment to learning, as well as those who challenged themselves to tackle tough problems/projects.
- SUPPORT & GUIDANCE AWARD: Recognizes those who offered support and/or unexpected time and energy to assist others with no expectation of recognition.
Candidates will be assessed on the quality and extent of their mentorship, as well as their efficacy in serving as role models for their peers, and their time and dedication spent towards building a successful mentor-mentee relationship. Any Neurobiology Club member who is or has formally participated in the mentorship program as a program mentor or mentee may be nominated.
To nominate your mentor or mentee, please provide details in the application on what distinguishes them from others, including:
- Specific examples where the mentor/mentee remained involved in your professional development or on an ongoing basis after your relationship started
- How they handle stress or setbacks involving his/her mentors or mentees
- How valuable you have found your relationship with your mentor or mentee to be
- For mentors: how they intervened to help you make specific decisions regarding your academic or professional path, or offered counsel in specific situations
- For mentees: how they were able to incorporate your feedback or advice in meaningful ways, or any personal growth you saw during your relationship
After you submit your nomination (deadline: Dec 25th), here is what happens next:
- We will review your nomination to ensure the award's eligibility criteria is met in December and will reach out to you if there are questions or need for verification.
- The mentorship committee begins review of eligible nominees in order to select awardees.
- Nominees (& you) receive a congratulatory email and are given online access to their nomination letter in January.
- Awardees are publicly listed on our website.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. In the meantime, thank you and have a wonderful break.