UKC is planning a sea kayaking trip to Port Susan, WA! This is a great paddle for any level, and is highly recommended if you’re looking for more sea kayaking experience. This will be a great stepping stone to go on more trips this spring! Here are the details:
- Date: February 10th, 2018
- Times: Leaving the WAC around 8 AM and returning around 5-6 PM
- Trip Description: Port Susan is the bay east of Camano Island. We will paddle from Kayak Point to the Stillaguamish river delta, try to find the river outflow and stop for lunch on the sand flats. Beautiful coastline and abundant bird life, with potential for large numbers of bald eagles and shorebirds in spring.
- Rating: SK-II Rating, all levels welcome. This paddle has weak currents and low boat traffic, perfect for beginners.
- Length: Paddling distance will depend on the group! We can make this a longer or shorter paddle according to everyone’s preferences.
- Costs: We will share gas expenses and there is a $10 per car fee for parking/boat launch that will be split among all the paddlers.
- Interested persons should to reply to me (email@example.com) with the following:
- Paddling experience, including any sea kayak self rescue skills or the ability to roll
- Whether you have a car and how many people and boats it can carry
- Whether you are a current American Canoe Association member