Seong Beom Lee is giving his talk on Capacity Fade Analysis and Direct, Efficient, and Real-Time Simulation of Physics-Based Battery Models for Stand-Alone PV-Battery Micro-grids in ECS conference, 2017
A few updates from ECS@UW:
1. Interested in data science and electrochemistry? There will be an ECS Hack Day event at the October ECS meeting in National Harbor (Washington, DC). More info and the application can be found here: http://www.electrochem.org/232/hack-day. If you have any questions please feel free to let me know.
2. Our next meeting for the summer Electrochemistry and Coffee series will be next Friday at 10am in MolES 315. Please note the change in the day. We will be discussing Chapter 7, Structure of the Electric Double Layer.
3. Officer elections will be coming up this fall. Please start thinking about how you can help make sure ECS@UW continues to bring together people from across campus, hold cool events like the Industry Panel, and cover topics like CV, EIS, and (potentially coming up) XANES. Positions include Chair, Vice Chair of Outreach, Vice Chair of Professional Development, Vice Chair of Education, Treasurer, Secretary, and Webmaster.
Victor Hu leads the first discussion on flow batteries for the first journal club meeting this spring. He will mainly cover the principles, pros, and cons of all-vanadium and Zinc/Bromine flow batteries.
Link for the open access papar: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10800-011-0348-2
We have a biweekly meeting on the separators in redox-flow batteries hosted by Jon Witt this Thur. 2:30pm @ MoIEs 225.
Since we have the Awards day this Friday, we are going to move the meeting time this week to April 27th from 2:30 to 3:30pm in MolES 215.
Jon is going to give us a talk on the separators in flow batteries. Welcome to join us!
1. Redox-Flow Batteries: From Metals to Organic Redox-Active Materials [Jan Winsberg]
2. Transport Property Requirements for Flow Battery Separators [Robert Darling]
This week, we are going to have a quarterly social before the holidays on 12/16 (Fri.) 5pm @ College Inn Pub! Bring your friends and join us ~~~