Highlights from the WCS-UW member meeting on May 19th, 2014 (full recap here).
- Attend the graduate student and advisor communication workshop this Friday at 11:30 in CHB 439 (stay tuned to this email list and the chemistry department list for a copy of the mentoring toolkit).
- Plan on attending our next event after that, a mindfulness workshop and discussion of mental health resources with Meghann Gerber of the mental health clinic at Hall Health. This event will take place around June 16-18ish.
- Email Marie (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’re interested in joining the Danz lecture committee and helping plan the events around Jill Tarter’s visit to UW. Also, check out Jill Tarter’s TED Talk.
- Add to our new collection of resources for mental health, conflict resolution, managing stress, etc. on this google doc. We’re compiling a list of useful resources that grad students may not be aware of, and we’ll distribute it as widely as possible.
- Add any last-minute suggestions for our summer book club to the brainstorming doc.
- Get excited for our future events, from the inaugural WCS-UW lecture to bocce ball and boating…