Here is the meeting recap from last Friday:
- The Danz Lecture with Anita Sarkeesian will take place on January 21st in Bellevue. Sign up for the carpool here. Additionally, there will be a Q&A and a pre-lecture reception; contact Heidi (email@example.com) for more information/to sign up.
- There will be a career talk featuring Arwyn Smalley from St. Martin’s University on February 2nd, and there will be donuts.
- Echo Lake Science Night, a great outreach opportunity, will be February 11th. Rae will send out more info this weekend. Additionally, stay tuned for information about Seattle Expanding Your Horizons.
- On February 25th we will host the second annual WCS lecture featuring Allison Campbell. Her lecture will be at 4 PM, and there will be various other opportunities to meet and chat with her.
- We’re hoping to set up an optional mentoring program for incoming first-year graduate students. If you have any suggestions, ideas, or you want to help write surveys, contact Emily Rabe (firstname.lastname@example.org), Katie Corp (email@example.com), or Nick Montoni (me) (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Sometime in the nearish future, we’ll be holding a constitution revision/ratification meeting. Stay tuned!
Finally, here are some links to non-WCS events that sound really cool (I know I will be going to them, anyway):
If you have any questions, ideas, concerns, comments, or complaints, feel free to contact your favorite officer.
Thanks, and have a happy quarter!