5:30 - 6:30pm
Q Center (HUB 315)
DASA is a student group facilitated for and by students. Our goal is to address the needs and concerns of the disability community and its allies on the University of Washington campus regarding the issue of disability. We aim to represent student interest while working with allied student groups, UW administration and the off campus community.
DASA and the Student Disability Commission (SDC) have unofficially joined forces to form the Disability Advocacy Collective (DAC), although DASA remains an independent Registered Student Organisation.
Furthermore, DASA/DAC is highly open to suggestions from members regarding what they would like to see DASA/DAC become. Please come to a meeting and let us know what you feel this campus needs!
Who Should Join DASA/DAC?
- Do you have a disability of any kind (physical, mental, learning, emotional, health, etc.)?
- Do you have a friend with a disability?
- Are you an ally to those with disabilities?
- Do you want to be an advocate for disability rights?
- Do you want to learn more about disability rights on campus and in society?
- Do you want to meet other students on campus and have a fun time?
If you answered YES to any of the above questions you should join DASA/DAC! DASA/DAC is always looking for motivated people to help with meetings, tabling, and working on various projects. We like to work and we love to have fun! If you can, stop by a DASA/DAC meeting or join one of our mailing lists.