Welcome to the site of Women in Chemical Engineering at the University of Washington!
Here you will find information about our organization, officers, meetings, events, and history. We encourage members to use this site to stay up-to-date on current opportunities and for additional resources, and we hope non-members will explore our pages to learn more about us!
Year in Review: 2016
Our first Alumni Network quarterly newsletter coincided with our inaugural Year in Review publication, in which we highlight our achievements since WChE was formed in January 2016. Read more…
- Join WChE: Sign up for our weekly newsletter or quarterly Alumni Network newsletters
- Browse our archive of meeting minutes and newsletters
- Participate in our upcoming events and outreach opportunities
- Nominate someone for a Member Spotlight to highlight them in our quarterly publication
- Get involved with similar organizations listed under Resources
- Join our CheMentoring Circles to connect with other students in the department
- Connect with us on Social Media
- Contact Us!
Recent Member Spotlight
- Spotlight: Emily Crum
Member Spotlight Series: Spring 2017
Emily Crum is a sophomore who very recently joined the chemical engineering department. She is from Massachusetts and has traveled all over the country on her journey to UW. Instead of attending high school, Emily went to a performing arts charter school and then started classes at a community college. After a couple years, she decided to move to the restaurant industry. There, Emily developed her skills as a pastry chef, making everything from cake to fruit tarts, and found that she really enjoyed baking bread. She found the fermentation process interesting and realized she should study science and engineering.Read More...