Hello everyone! As the quarter is winding down we’re sure that you’re all busy preparing for finals, but how about releasing some of that stress by coming to Fun Friday on December 6th!
We have a series of games and activities lined up like…
White Elephant, Shinai Balance, Tsuba Toss, and Pick Your Pony!
If you’re interested in White Elephant please sign up on the spreadsheet and bring a wrapped gift that’s under $5.
Pick Your Pony is a game where newbies get put on armor and compete against each other in a tournament! Don’t worry, one of the senior members will coach you. This is a good opportunity for beginners to have a feel for whether or not they want to continue in the future.
Sign-Ups are for headcounts: http://waa.ai/1Ac
We’ll be hosting a bowling night (day) SATURDAY October 26th 1-3pm at the HUB GAMES AREA.
If you’re interested please sign up here by the 20th so we can reserve some lanes!
Also, attention beginners! Tomorrow we’ll begin selling shinai in preparation for next Wednesday for $30! Please note if you do not have a bag yet we will require you to purchase one for $15!
Hey UW Kendo Club members!
This Sunday, the 13th from 12:00PM – 3:00PM, we’ll be heading to the International District for some delicious Dim Sum. Take a gander at the wonderful spread and prepare yourself for an onslaught of pork and shrimpy goodness.
This event is in part for beginners to get to know each other, but especially for you guys to meet the senpai when we’re not looking menacing in bogu!
If you’re interested please check the Facebook Event for more info!
Hello UWKC and prospective members! First day of practice is next Wednesday, September 25th from 7:00 – 9:00pm in IMA Gym B!
- Welcome! Thank you for taking interest in the Kendo Club at the UW! Feel free to join practice or simply observe anytime within the first 2 weeks of the quarter! Please have the courtesy to arrive at least 15 minutes before practice starts so we can get you set up with a waiver card and a practice sword.
- Fees are $15/quarter and $25 for a bokken (practice sword). Bring $40 in cash or a check made out to UWKC.
- Have previous experience in kendo? Bring $15 for dues and be ready to speak with our head Sensei about joining our regular practice.
- Questions? Please check the extensive FAQ that we took the time to create! If you still don’t find an answer to your question, you can contact our official e-mail address, email@example.com!
- Welcome back! Be sure to bring $15 for quarterly dues and be ready to fill out a waiver card when you arrive! EVERYONE needs to fill one out at the beginning of the year.
Be ready for another great year of kendo at the UW with lots and lots of bubble tea!
It is that time of year again where UWKC has an annual camping trip! Like every year, the camping trip will be during Veteran’s Day Weekend, May 25th and 26th. We will be leaving campus Saturday morning and coming back Sunday afternoon.
Before we have fun camping though, we need to go up to the camping grounds and clean up. This is our payment for getting to use Jeffrey Marsten Sensei’s property. The clean-up will be on May 19th. Remember, those who go clean up beforehand don’t have to set up their own tents during the camping trip. Please sign up HERE for the clean-up.
For the actual camping trip itself, please sign up HERE (or click on the “Club Events” link to sign up) by May 15th. Please provide your email in the sign-up sheet so we can contact the people interested in the camping trip without spamming the entire mailing list.
Please also note that the camping trip is for current UWKC members only.
Have a lovely rest of the week!