Hello UWKC and prospective members! First day of practice is Wednesday, September 28th from 7:00 – 9:00pm in IMA Gym B!
THERE IS NO PRACTICE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30TH, DUE TO IMA CLOSURE
- Welcome! Thank you for taking interest in the Kendo Club at the UW! Feel free to join practice or simply observe anytime within the first 2 weeks of the quarter! FREE! Please have the courtesy to arrive at least 15 minutes before practice starts (6:45!) so we can sign you in and get a practice sword.
- Fees are $15/quarter, $25 for a bokken (practice sword), and $10 for a sword bag. This is $50 total and can be paid by cash, card, or check made out to UWKC. You will only pay this $50 once as a beginner; for the following quarters, you will only pay $15 in quarterly dues!
- Have previous experience in kendo? Bring $15 for dues and be ready to speak with our head Sensei about joining our regular practice.
- Questions? Please check the extensive FAQ that we took the time to create! If you still don’t find an answer to your question, you can contact our official e-mail address, firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Welcome back! Be sure to bring $15 for quarterly dues.
- Please also bring your bokken to practice!
Additionally here’s some important things coming soon!
It’s time to recruit! Dawg daze is our biggest recruiting event, but it doesn’t man itself. If you want more people to hit for the following year, please sign-up for a time slot. We really need any volunteers at all. We’ll have bogu and shinai samples, bottle openers to hand out, and all you really need to do is hand out flyers, answer people’s questions, and get people interested in kendo! It’ll be really simple and easy. If you can help, please sign-up here:
If you sign-up, please do not flake on short notice. Many years we have people write their name in a time-slot but then erase it the day of, leaving us understaffed.
And as always, we will follow our tradition where for every three time-slots you complete, the club will buy you a bubble tea of your choice.
2. OFFICER ELECTIONS
If you would like to run for any position in office, we will be holding elections on the second Wednesday of practice (Oct 5th). If you cannot make this practice but would still like to run for a position, please let us know in advance.
If you have any questions at all, please contact us.
See you guys soon!