Hey UW Kendo Club members!
This Sunday, the 26th from 12:00PM – 2:00PM, we’ll be heading to the International District for some delicious Dim Sum. Take a gander at the wonderful spread and prepare yourself for an onslaught of pork and shrimpy goodness.
This event is in part for beginners to get to know each other, but especially for you guys to meet the senpai when we’re not looking menacing in bogu!
If you’re interested please check the Facebook Event for more info!
For those who are going from the UW campus, we can meet up at the bus stop on University Way/43rd Street (in front of Nasai, Heads Up!, across from UW Bookstore) at 11:15 AM to catch a bus down to the International District.
Hello UWKC and prospective members!
Tomorrow, Wednesday, January 8th, is our first practice of this quarter! Same time, same place: IMA Gym B, 7:00 – 9:00 PM with Iaido at 9:00 PM – 10:30 PM
- Welcome! Thank you for taking interest in the Kendo Club at the UW! Feel free to join practice or simply observe anytime within the first 2 weeks of the quarter! Please have the courtesy to arrive at least 15 minutes before practice starts so we can get you set up with a waiver card and a practice sword.
- To join, it will cost $50: $15/quarter, $25 for a bokken (practice sword), and $10 for a shinai/bokken bag. Bring $50 in cash or a check made out to UWKC.
- Have previous experience in kendo? Bring $15 for dues and be ready to speak with our head Sensei about joining our regular practice.
- Questions? Please check the extensive FAQ that we took the time to create! If you still don’t find an answer to your question, you can contact our official e-mail address, firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Make sure to bring your $15 for quarterly dues!
See you all tomorrow!
Autumn Quarter 2013 for the UWKC ended with one of the best Fun Fridays we’ve held so far! Thank you to everyone who showed up, and we hope you were all able to enjoy your time with us before getting down to business for finals.
- Our first practice for Winter Quarter 2014 is January 8th, Wednesday. Remember to bring $15 for quarterly dues!
- Intercollegiate Taikai is January 11th in Vancouver, so stay tuned for more information! We are the reigning team champions from last year, so let’s make sure we defend our title! This tournament features a non-bogu division, so if you were a beginner from Autumn Quarter, you are eligible to compete!
- Don’t worry about uniforms until next quarter! We will notify you all when they are available to pick up at practice.
Once again, thank you all for a wonderful quarter of kendo! We look forward to seeing all of you again for the new year. Good luck on your finals, enjoy your winter break, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
Hello everyone! As the quarter is winding down we’re sure that you’re all busy preparing for finals, but how about releasing some of that stress by coming to Fun Friday on December 6th!
We have a series of games and activities lined up like…
White Elephant, Shinai Balance, Tsuba Toss, and Pick Your Pony!
If you’re interested in White Elephant please sign up on the spreadsheet and bring a wrapped gift that’s under $5.
Pick Your Pony is a game where newbies get put on armor and compete against each other in a tournament! Don’t worry, one of the senior members will coach you. This is a good opportunity for beginners to have a feel for whether or not they want to continue in the future.
Sign-Ups are for headcounts: http://waa.ai/1Ac
We’ll be hosting a bowling night (day) SATURDAY October 26th 1-3pm at the HUB GAMES AREA.
If you’re interested please sign up here by the 20th so we can reserve some lanes!
Also, attention beginners! Tomorrow we’ll begin selling shinai in preparation for next Wednesday for $30! Please note if you do not have a bag yet we will require you to purchase one for $15!