The destination will be to a campground on Lummi Island — but this may change depending on participant experience and weather.
You must have done a sea kayak self rescue session with UKC in the past year — we will hold a session next week before the trip if you have not done a SK self rescue or just need a refresher. This will require you to get into the water (in Union Bay in front of the WAC) and do a wet exit and self rescue (we will guide you through it). You must do this successfully in order to join the trip
If interested e-mail Stella at scjones2 (att) uw.edu and me with the following info (asap please!):
1. Your sea kayaking experience (where, longest distance paddled in a day, also whitewater or recreational kayaking experience is helpful to know, etc.)
2. Outdoor experience and/or athletic experience
3. If you know how to do a sea kayak self rescue (when and where you have practiced/done this)
4. If you have a car with a rack that can carry sea kayaks and are willing to drive.
5. Your ACA number (ask me if you are not a ACA member yet—this is required for insurance purposes)