Come and get to know other SWE members, vote for the official T-shirt design (submit your designs HERE!), and meet the new Social Events Director (remember to VOTE HERE)! Have a relaxing hour before final exams with SWE’s chocolate fountain, treats, and sparkling cider!
There will also be a prize for the attendee wearing the most festive holiday sweater!
WHO: open to all students at the University of Washington
WHEN: Wednesday, Dec. 4th @ 5:30pm – 6:30pm
WHERE: Electrical Engineering Building (EEB) Room 303
FOOD: FREE Sparkling Cider & Chocolate Fountain Treats
**RSVP here: https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/swe/219925
(see also facebook event page)
For any additional questions, comments, or concerns, contact UW SWE at email@example.com .
The Social Events Director will work with the officer team and lead a committee to organize social events for the society with the goal of fostering a fun, welcoming, connected, and supportive community. This position will help exercise and improve your creativity and leadership skills while helping SWE improve as a society and as a fun place to be!
- Organize at least one social event per quarter: (i.e. Valentine’s Social, Engineering Ball, Annual BBQ, etc.)
- Lead a Social Events Committee
- Reserve rooms for events and activities
- Create and post event flyers
- Assist the Evening With Industry Committee when needed
- Interests in developing leadership skills
- Commitment to the UW SWE chapter
- Maintain good communication with UW SWE’s officers (email, Facebook, phone, in person)
- Attend all UW SWE officer meetings
**Apply HERE by Monday, November 25, 5pm!
All members will vote to select the Social Events Director, and results will be announced at the December 4th meeting.
Want to know insider information about increasing your job search strategies, getting ahead, and effectively landing interviews?
- Learn about NETWORKING from our guest from the UW Engineering Internship & Co-op Program
- Q & A session with a panel of experienced students
- Vote on T-shirt designs - submit your sketches!
- Announcement for the open Social Events Director position
- Eat good [free] Salvadorian food with friends
-WHO: open to all students at the University of Washington
-WHEN: Wednesday, Nov. 13th @ 5:30pm – 6:30pm
-WHERE: Electrical Engineering Building (EEB) Room 303
>>RSVP here: https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/swe/218341
For any additional questions, comments, or concerns, contact UW SWE at firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for the T-Shirt Design Contest has been extended to:
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 13th @ 4:30PM.
Submit a JPEG or a scanned PDF of your design here: https://catalyst.uw.edu/collectit/assignment/swe/28995/117232
Come to our October General Meeting! We will be hosting a Resume Workshop and a LinkedIn Professional Photoshoot.
Wednesday, October 16th, 5:30-6:30pm in MEB 246
- Come hear resume tips and get your resume reviewed by professionals and peers.
- Don’t have a resume? We’ll help you start one!
- Need a professional picture? We will be taking free professional headshots.
Attire: Business or business casual for the photoshoot
For any additional questions, email: email@example.com. Hope to see you guys there!
Submitted designs will be posted anonymously to the UW SWE facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/uwswe
Vote by “liking” designs in the “UW SWE T-Shirt Design Contest: Vote here” album. All submissions to the dropbox will be posted here anonymously. The top 3 designs (with the most votes here) will be voted on in person at the October 16th general meeting!
**Prizes for creator of the winning design**
- Include “SWE” and “Society of Women Engineers”
- Include “UW” or “University of Washington”
- May include both front and back designs
- Nothing on sleevesFile Format: jpeg image
Naming Convention: Design_First Name_Last Name
Due Tuesday, October 15 by 11:00pm
Are you interested in engineering, science, math, and technology? Come learn about the UW section of the Society of Women Engineers, a fun community full of year-long opportunities for career development, social activities, and community outreach! Find out about some of our events, ways to get involved, and how to become a member!
When: Thursday, September 26th, 2013, 5 – 6 pm
Where: Mechanical Engineering Building (MEB), Room 102
Free food will be provided!
Interested in being a more involved member of SWE? Then become an officer! Being an officer for SWE gives you the opportunity to really make an impact. The current open positions are: Social Event Director (2 members), Evening With Industry (EWI) Director (2~3 members), Recruiter, Outreach Director and Webmaster/Historian. The officer application is now open and will close on MAY 22, 2013 AT 5:00 PM so please apply soon! Here is the link to the application: https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/swe/200249.