Last Thursday, some SWE members took a field trip to the T-Mobile HQ in Bellevue, WA. Current women engineers at T-Mobile spoke to the students about their careers and gave great advice for transitioning from college to the work place. Afterwards, they got to tour the various handset testing labs and learn more about engineering at T-Mobile.
Many thanks to recruiter Karen Doran of T-Mobile for organizing this great tour and giving us some awesome gifts at the end. To everyone who came, thanks for participating and we hope you enjoyed the tour!
Want to hear about more tours like this in the future?
Join SWE and subscribe to our mailing list. (Links in the menu above.)
Congratulations to the following people who were elected for an officer position for the 2014-15 academic year. We’re excited for the upcoming year of SWE at UW!!
Social Events Director
It’s time to vote for your 2014-15 UW SWE officers! Even if you are graduating this year, help pass on the torch by voting! We’re excited for the next year of UW SWE!
>>Members: Vote HERE by Tuesday, May 6th, 11pm!
Thank you all candidates and members who came out to the general meeting today. We enjoyed hearing the election speeches, and keep in mind that not all candidates on the form were represented at the meeting.
Election results will be announced next Wednesday, May 7th via the UW SWE website, email distribution list, and Facebook group.
Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Are you an upperclassman passionate about your field of engineering? Share about your major to pre-engineers at the Engineering Majors Fair (career fair style setup, but more laid-back)!
Volunteer Sign-up [Deadline: Wed. 4/30, 11pm]: https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/swe/233576
Apply for UW Society of Women Engineers 2014-15 officer positions!
Do you want to get more involved with the engineering community, meet more women engineers, and inspire future STEM students? Are you interested in developing your leadership skills and gaining valuable experience while having fun serving with other engineers? Join us at our new officer interest meeting this Wednesday!
Reminder: The new officer interest meeting is this Wednesday, April 23rd!
Time: 5:30~6:30pm (may be less than 1 hr)
Location: CSE 691
Are you interested in applying to be a 2014-15 SWE Officer? Current officers will introduce their positions and will answer any questions you have! Come learn more about SWE and catch a vision for next year!
New: Officer Q&A!
We asked our 2013-14 officers three questions:
- How has being a UW SWE officer helped you with your career goals?
- How has being a UW SWE officer strengthened you as a leader?
- What was your favorite part of being a UW SWE officer?
Here is a timeline of events for applications & elections:
- Applications are open now, closes April 30, 11am.
- April 23 (Wed.), 5:30pm, CSE 691: New officer interest meeting – Interested in applying? Come learn more about SWE and different officer positions!
- April 30 (Wed.), 5:30 – 6:30pm, CSE 691: SWE General Meeting
- In-person officer candidate intros/short speeches
- Attend if you’re running or voting!
- April 30 (Wed.), 9pm: Voting opens to all UW SWE
- May 6 (Tues.), 11pm: Voting closes
- May 7 (Wed.): New officer announcement!
- May 10 (Sat.): Officer retreat with CMWES (minority engineering orgs). Save the date if you’re applying, but still apply even if you have prior plans!
Feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have any questions!