The HPC club does not offer coding classes at this time, however there are tons of avenues to learn! Below are a few suggestions of UW classes and online tutorials that can help get you started.
Courses offered by UW that include an introduction to programming (other than CSE):
- GENOME 559: Introduction to Statistical and Computational Genomics
- FISH 522-524: Series of courses in R programming
- AMATH 301: Beginning Scientific Computing
- AMATH 581: Scientific Computing
- AMATH 483 High Performance Scientific Computing
- ME 599: Introduction to Applied GPU-based Parallel Computing
- Many courses, workshops, and resources offered through UW eScience Institute
Non-UW courses & workshops:
- Software Carpentry has lessons on the bash shell, Python, git, etc. (Scroll down for videos of their courses.) The lesson on the bash shell is very useful for hyak users who are new to Linux.
Software Carpentry also conducts frequent workshops at UW. Click the link to find the next workshop near you.
Online classes & tutorials:
Social coding outlets: