Becoming a Member
Membership to UW HKN is offered by invitation only during fall and spring quarters. After membership offers are sent, students are invited to attend informational sessions regarding HKN. Eligible students may accept their invitation by completing the application form and paying dues — both of which may submitted at the Initiation Ceremony.
In order to receive invitation to join HKN, students must meet the following criteria:
- Major: Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Academic performance: Be among the top 25% for juniors and sophomores; top 33% for seniors and post-baccalaureates
Undergraduate candidates shall be selected from those students in the Junior or Senior class who are pursuing courses leading to a Baccalaureate or equivalent degree in electrical engineering. Juniors who have a cumulative scholastic rank in the upper quarter of their electrical engineering class may be elected. Seniors who have a cumulative scholastic rank in the upper third of their electrical engineering class may be elected. Graduate students and distinguished professional engineers are also eligible. Graduate student candidates shall have been graduated from a school of recognized standing and shall possess substantially the same scholastic and other qualifications required for undergraduate membership.
For IEEE UW Branch
Membership to UW IEEE is open to all the UW EE students. You can subscribe to the IEEE membership by signing up via the UW mail list.
For National IEEE
- Go to IEEE.org and Click on Membership and Services Tab
- Join as Student Member
- Create IEEE.org account and Profile
- Note: While other membership and subscriptions are available at discount for members, you are not obligated to add any of them during registration. If your final due is more than $32, you might have selected subscriptions before checkout.
- Enter payment information and click ”Complete membership order and check out”
- record your IEEE membership number
For more information, visit ieee.org -> Mebership &Service.