The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:54 pm 
UW Climber

Hey everyone!
I left Seattle last year to go to grad school at UCLA, and having passed my quals I basically have a nice relaxing Summer ahead of me. I'm coming back to Seattle at the beginning of next week and am looking to climb a lot! I've been enjoying the great climbing down here in Socal (Jtree and Tahquitz!), but I've decided to spend a lot of time back in Seattle with my family this Summer.

Anyways, long story short, I'm looking for climbing partners. I'm pretty interested in getting out to Index next week. If you're interested and have time, I'll probably be back by Monday night (assuming my car doesn't break down on the way up). I could do an afternoon trip, but would rather do a full day trip out there. I've got a car and gear. I'm thinking Tuesday or Thursday, but really could do any day. Any takers?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:10 pm 
UW Climber

I could do Thursday.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:07 pm 
UW Climber

Hi Tom! I could definitely do Thursday. Let's get in touch once I get to Seattle. I'm starting the drive tonight.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:20 am 
UW Climber

Woot Woot, just did Outer Space with Tom!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:46 am 
UW Climber

Weather's looking good at Index this weekend. Anyone interested in a day trip there on Saturday or Sunday? I've got the stoke but no partners this weekend. I only have one 5.9 left to tick on lower town wall... also thinking of trying to lead Breakfast of Champions or Sagittarius. I would also be happy to do some cragging in Leavenworth. Maybe an overnighter if there was interest. Any takers?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:08 pm 
UW Climber

Hi Ian, let me know next time you are looking for a climbing partner, I can't do this weekend, but next week after-work or next weekend might work. I can lead up to 5.10 sport and 5.9 trad, spacil@u.washington.edu Thanks

Cheers
/Zdenek

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:18 pm 
UW Climber

Requisite Forum Spam: I will probably head to Leavenworth on Saturday for a day trip. No partners as of yet, so if you're interested in joining for some cragging, let me know. I will be practicing solo aiding if no one jumps on board.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:15 pm 
UW Climber

Had a fun weekend in Leavenworth doing some easy solo aiding. By myself. Aided classic crack, Z-crack and Deb's crack, and then did some fun solo TR laps on all of them. My proudest moment occurred while aiding classic crack. Just after racking up, a group of TRers showed up, and I informed them that I was going to be a pain in the ass and n00b-solo-aid up the local megaclassic, but I managed to aid, clean, and take a TR lap before they got their top rope up on a neighboring climb! W00t W00t.