The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mt. Forgotten on Sunday
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:11 am 
UW Climber

Right now, the weather forecast doesn't look particularly inspiring, but maybe we're lucky and things change till Sunday...

Sarah and I are thinking about climbing Mt. Forgotten (Mountain Loop Highway area) on Sunday (September 6). It's supposed to be about 8 miles roundtrip, 3000' elevation gain with a bit of 3rd class scrambling. In addition to the hike/scramble, we hope to find a lot of blueberries to pick. We're planning a full day trip, starting at 7am in Seattle.
There are 2 seats available in my car at the moment (or 3 if you like it cozy in the back seat).

Depending on how the weather forecast looks on Saturday we may change our plans, therefore please send me a message with your phone number if you're interested.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:58 am 
receiving spoon

That looks fun! Too bad I'm not around.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:47 pm 
UW Climber

A little high humidity only adds to the enjoyment of berry picking and stellar views through the clouds. :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:47 pm 
UW Climber

Hey Frank,

I'm interested in Mt. Forgotten if you still have room in your car(I don't mind squeezing as well-it's all about close bonding time right?) I live in the U-District so hopefully that's convenient for you/I could meet you somewhere. My # is 818-489-6219, so feel free to give me a call today/tomorrow.

Matt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:55 am 
receiving spoon

Hey Frank and Sarah,

By some freak turn of events, the trip was canceled. There a good chance I can go with you guys if you still have room. 952-693-1602.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:29 am 
Duchess of Bearington

Hey what's up guys, I just moved to seattle and am starting a grad program next month -- your trip tomorrow sounds pretty awesome and I'd love to join in if possible. I have a car so I'm happy to drive and shuttle a few more. Best way to get a hold of me is call 925 788 0745 -- thanks!!

Ava

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:55 am 
UW Climber

Matt, Lucas and Ava, sounds good and if you don't mind a cozy back seat might be easy to take one car. Although...weather now is 100% chance of rain so we might re-evaluate this afternoon and will keep you posted. :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:15 am 
UW Climber

It's a good hike, but I don't think it would be very fun in the rain. The first 4 miles are pretty straightforward trail, so by the time you got to the hard-ish parts you'd already be thoroughly soaked. Traversing around the peak on the last section would be very very wet if it was raining. My personal opinion as a fair-weather hiker is that you should save it for a better day. It's great views, but tomorrow you probably won't see anything. :(