[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Climbing Club • View topic - Midweek scrambling/climbing

The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:35 pm 
UW Climber

This summer I'm fortunate to be travelling a bit, but I didn't get a job for the weeks that I'm in Seattle. Anyone similarly burdened with excessive midweek free time and looking to get out for some climbing and or scrambling?

-Kurt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:43 am 
UW Climber

Kurt - I have a very sporadic schedule with this being my last quarter of school, but most of my time off will be during the middle of the week and am definitely interested in doing a bunch of climbing and scrambling this summer and am similarly looking for people to go with. If you plan any trips let me know, and I will do likewise!

Aubrey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:48 am 
UW Climber

Hi Kurt,

Due to my weird schedule, I have lots of midweek free time from now until about July 8th. Any interest in getting out climbing/scrambling somewhere later this week or early next week? Let me know!

Cheers,
Becky Abbey
(beckyabbey@gmail.com)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:00 pm 
UW Climber

I earn 4.62 hours off every two weeks, so if I accumulate a full day before you head off to travel then I would love to do something midweek. Maybe something that would normally be really crowded, like classic easy trad routes in Leavenworth?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:19 am 
UW Climber

I have extreme flexibility with my work schedule in July and would love to get out! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:16 pm 
UW Climber

once i get back to seattle (july 8), i'd be down. i'll have lots of free time, i'm just a grad student :)

let's talk early july...

christie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:59 pm 
UW Climber

Cool. Awesome to see a decent number of responses.

I thought maybe we could share goals for the summer to get a better idea of what kind if trips to do since I dont know some of you.

I'm mostly interested in top 100 scrambles. I say the top 100 because I have an awesome guidebook and it narrows the vast number of peaks down to a number I can wrap my head around. I have no prejudice against doing something else if there is a peak someone really wants to send. I like to travel light and try accomplish stuff in a day, but multiday stuff is also good.

Also mostly interested in easy trad routes to 5.7. I'm kind of out of hard climbing recently and mostly interested in getting more trad experience this summer. If someone wants to lead harder, I'm happy to follow.

Skiing. Wouldn't mind hauling my skis around as long as we get some decent open slopes. My last two scrambles (Dragontail and Pugh) looked imminently shredable. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:30 pm 
UW Climber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:47 pm 
UW Climber

right now i'm nursing a couple of injuries, most notably a foot injury which keeps me close (ish) to the car. so i can't do very long scrambles - yet. i'm hoping to get there soon...

but i can lead harder trad and prefer leading to following anyway. when i'm fit (i.e. last summer, a while ago, i realize, but i'm hoping to get back to this soon) i was happy leading easy 11s cragging, and easy/mid 10s alpine (i find alpine way scarier and more committing - i'm only willing to lead what i can onsite). right now i'm probably more like mid 10s cragging, 5.9 alpine (i can currently onsite 9s at index, which everyone else seems to say is rated on the hard side). this is all trad of course.

mid week works for me. weekends too.
christie :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:39 pm 
UW Climber

My schedule tends to be flexible, but I might require a day or two notice.
I'm up for pretty much anything in the hiking/scrambling department and would love to work my way through the top 100 book (climbing washingtons mountains?).
I have almost zero trad experience and would like to work on that, but I'm chicken, so leading only at the bottom end of the scale. 5.7 sounds already way too scary ;-)

Jochen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:34 am 
Tenacious Lee

I'm free Mondays and Tuesdays in July.

Edit: I guess I should say that I lead 5.9 trad comfortably, 5.10 trad on a good day.

Last edited by Lee Willcockson on Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:14 am 
UW Climber

I'm flexibly free any day, but usually need a little bit of notice to sort out schedules and gear. I'm more interested in alpine scrambles and rock (comfortable leading up to 5.7 alpine with strangers, I'll follow harder) > multi-pitch cragging > short trad > short sport :-) But I'm up for anything!

Top 100 works to structure choices for me.