[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Climbing Club • View topic - Snowshoe Sat 29 Jan -- FULL

The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:58 pm 
The Pub Czar

Last edited by amit tai on Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:11 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Snowshow Sat 29 Jan
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:04 pm 
The Pub Czar

1. I am coming on my own trip. I have a car (me + 3), but it's not a good winter car, and would prefer to not drive.
2. I'm borrowing snowshoes, but otherwise have all gear, plus a full set of spare clothing.
3. I've got a couple dozen snowshoe summits under my belt, but none so far this year.

Post subject: Re: Snowshoe Sat 29 Jan
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:23 pm 
UW Climber

Mmm.. yeah. I'm in.

1. Yeah, I have a car (me+3). Depending on the conditions though it might not be the best(low clearance).
2. I'm borrowing snowshoes as well, but I have all the rest.
3. I've never snow shoed before, but I ski, run, climb, summit, and... I excel at walking in really big flip-flops.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:24 pm 
UW Climber

Hi, I would like to come.

1. I don't have a car.
2. I'm borrowing snowshoes, but I have all the rest.
3. I have never snow shoed before.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:30 pm 
UW Climber

Hey I want to some but have a academic potential well i'm in and hoping to tunnel out.

So for now,

No car
Borrowing snowshoes but got the clothes
I've been on some winter hikes last year and have done some snowshoeing last year
but not too extensive.

-Harry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:51 pm 
UW Climber

Unlike Harry, I have sufficient kinetic energy to overcome the barrier.

1. No car
2. I'm renting snowshoes, but I have all the other gear
3. Not much. I went on a snowshoe last year

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:38 am 
UW Climber

I'm probably in.

Need a ride
Borrowing snowshoes
I have been snowshoeing several times

Jenny

Last edited by jnnysager on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:41 pm 
UW Climber

I'd like to come

need a ride
renting snowshoes
have not been snowshoeing but hike

Marcello Molinaro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:38 pm 
UW Climber

I would like to come on this trip!

I don't have a car unfortunately
I'll be renting snowshoes and I own everything else
I ski most weekends so my 'winter experience' is there, and I've been snowshoeing once or twice when I was little

Heather Reynolds

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:16 pm 
The Pub Czar

Updated the first post with the current list of people.
If you've signed up, please send me your email & phone number in a PM.

I've set the destination to Welldigger's Ass (Point 5273') and Big Chief Mountain, just south of Rt 2 and just east of Stevens Pass.
Trailhead is just off Route 2, so there shouldn't be any unplowed driving.

There are 7.5 people signed up, and given that i expect the day to be mellow, i'm ok with a couple more people coming along, provided at least one of them has a car.

And speaking of cars, while we have enough right now, I would very much like to not bring mine.
A friend of mine replaced the radiator & water pump on the side of the road last month and I haven't had a chance to take it to a mechanic to check his work. So while I'm happy to drive, there is a decent chance that my car will be happy to break down (again) :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:08 pm 
UW Climber

Hi, I'm posting for another person who would like to come along (Anne). She's a club member and singned in for the forum but is not jet able to post comments.

1. no car unfortunately
2. Has all necessary gear + snow shoes are borowed
3. a little snow shoe experience

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:12 pm 
The Pub Czar

ok, but we're gonna be squished!

i could have sworn that a couple folks besides Tyler mentioned they had access to a car...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:50 pm 
UW Climber

I'd like to come too!
Sorry to be signing up late (busy all day, then the forum wouldn't load all evening).

1. I *do* have a car. It can take me plus three other people.
2. I have all the gear, including snowshoes.
3. I've done a few days snowshoeing this winter. I also ski and have some Scottish winter mountaineering experience. I know how to tie my own boot laces too.

Cheers, Colin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:38 am 
UW Climber

I would also like to come, as well as my two roommates (who are signing up for the club tomorrow).

--I have a car and can drive myself, my two roommates, and one (or two if need be) more.
--we will check out snow shoes (when can we do that tomorrow?)
--we are all good hikers and outdoorsmen with varying degrees of snow shoe experience (from little to extensive...)

Can't wait, sorry for the late reply!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:58 am 
The Pub Czar