[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Climbing Club • View topic - a celebratory saturday

The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: a celebratory saturday
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:02 pm 
Duchess of Bearington

after what is currently proving to be a hellish week for me, I'm planning to do a "thank god that week is over" outing on saturday.

I'm not entirely sure what I'll be doing -- I would love to climb but that depends a) on weather and b) finding gear. If either of those fail, I'm headed out to do some sort of peak ascent/scramble, probably within an hours drive of here.

if you're interested in celebrating this week's completion as well, or just feel like getting out on saturday, let me know!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:41 pm 
UW Climber

Wish I could join you this Saturday! I'm tied up doing some volunteer work. Have fun!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:51 pm 
UW Climber

I'm down. I was really hoping someone would go out this weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:00 pm 
UW Climber

Count me in! And hiking or climbing will be much needed after this week...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:09 pm 
receiving spoon

Teanaway anyone? I'm thinking a loop to Bean and then Earl. It will in all likelihood be too ambitious to include Mary and Judy as well, but we can see how things go.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:21 pm 
UW Climber

I am a new climbing club member looking to get out this weekend as well. So I am up for anything.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:55 pm 
Duchess of Bearington

ok, so I realized my last post was a little vague -- here are some more details about the trip:

transportation: I have a car that can fit 4 people. I have another friend coming with me, so we are currently 1 over capacity. If someone else can drive as well that would be great. I would love for everyone who is interested to come along, but if we really only have my car, we'll have to cap the trip at 5 and do a 'first come, first serve' type deal for rides.

destination: I like Lucas's idea of Teanaway -- I think we'll go with that

gear you'll need: just some boots, appropriate clothing (it will probably be pretty chilly in the morning), sufficient food, and a love of mountains.

timing: I would like to meet 8am and hopefully be hiking by 930ish. I'd like to go at a decent pace (ie this isn't a leisurely stroll through the woods), but this also isn't a sufferfest (i will not be running up the mountain). I'm hoping to get back to Seattle by 5ish.

Ok, with all that said, please let me know if you are interested in the trip by Friday at 9am, so I can let everyone know what the transportation situation is. After that I'll post something again about out meeting place, meeting time, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 pm 
UW Climber

I'm not much use without a car, but if anyone with more transport appears I'd love to join you!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:42 pm 
UW Climber

I would love to get in on this; however, I do not have a car. If there are any spaces available, please contact me or just post.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:04 pm 
giving spoon

Try and tag Volcanic Neck while you are there! It is a good climb.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:56 pm 
receiving spoon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:10 pm 
UW Climber

I can drive and I can fit three with seatbelts and one without.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:10 pm 
UW Climber

Great. I am willing to pitch in on gas for a spot.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:34 pm 
UW Climber

Hey, I'm probably not going now. I have season tickets to the football games, so I'm going to hit that up. Thanks though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:07 pm 
receiving spoon

Hey to those that have just posted and are new to this business, it'd be great if you could change your user name to your actually name (ie leave out numbers/random characters, and have a full first name and last initial). That makes it much easier for us folks using the forum.

Thanks! Look forward to meeting you guys Saturday!

Lucas