[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Climbing Club • View topic - Warren Miller Ski Film 11/14

The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:40 am 
Burly Skinner

This isn't an officially led club trip, per say, but I am planning to go see the new Warren Miller ski film November 14th at the Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue. For those of you who don't know, Warren Miller ski films are a yearly tradition, where ski hipsters and enthusiasts unite for one night to enjoy watching the big names in skiing do big things. The trailer for this years film, Dynasty, can be found . I'm planning to see the film in Bellevue on the 14th because the Seattle showing is a week later... and waiting is just stupid. Information about the showing in Bellevue can be found .

Tickets are $20. Purchasing a ticket means you will get great deals on lift tickets and gear such as a buy one get one free ticket for Crystal, free life ticket at Bachelor, and 2 for 1 ticket at Whistler Blackcomb. In other words, the movie pays for itself if you use one of the coupons. Not a bad deal.

I know a number of people have expressed interest in the film--and for good reason--upon seeing it you will want to head straight into the mountains to enjoy large quantities of powdery goodness. Feel free to post if you'd like to enjoy an awesome ski movie with great company: me! If there are enough people, I'd be willing to help organize buying blocks of seats together. However, you will likely be on your own to find a ride or bus (#271). Blocks of tickets are going quickly, so I'm probably going to be buying tickets by Thursday or Friday of this week.

Edit: We are going at 9pm on Saturday Nov 14th. I am planning to buy tickets Friday and hope to have 12 people together by that date. If you want to come please post, even if I talked to you tonight and Shultzy's, and you will owe me $20 for the ticket. X's have been added next to people who have paid.

Currently attending:
Nathan (+1 roommate) (x)
Dave +1 (?)
Evan (x)
Erin (x)
Meggie (x)
Kurt (x)
Brian +1 (laura) (x)
Aaron (x)
Lucas (x)
Valarie (x)
Nathan (x)
Ava +1

Last edited by Nathan Snyder on Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:58 pm, edited 16 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:47 am 
Cap'n Posthole

One XL Ticket please. Extra powder. Hold the snowboards.

EDIT: Add one ticket for The Lady.

Last edited by David Goulet on Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:34 am 
Alpine Slogger

What time are you planning on going Nathan?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:10 am 
UW Climber

I'm stoked to watch some gnar get shredded. Count me in brosef.

Ticket size: 36-B

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:13 pm 
Frodo

One for me.
One for Meggie.

Thanks, Nathan!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 pm 
UW Climber

I'm down. Just watching the trailer made me fidget with a desire to ski powdery goodness.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:41 am 
Alpine Slogger

2 for us, 9pm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:46 am 
UW Climber

Awesome ski movie AND great company?! I'm in!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:22 pm 
receiving spoon

Yup, I'm in.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:06 pm 
Raging Alpoholic

Nathan and I are totally in.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:47 pm 
Burly Skinner

15 tickets have been purchased. Group rate for tickets is $19 but adding in shipping you all owe me $20. I've updated the first post with X's next to people's names who I believe have already paid me. I should have tickets in my hands to give out next week.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:11 pm 
Burly Skinner

Tickets have arrived. I'm going to try and make it to Zoe's tomorrow night to collect money and hand out tickets. Otherwise, contact me and we're work something out for Saturday!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:21 am 
Cap'n Posthole

We have one extra ticket for tonight 9pm. I'd you want to go let me or Nathan know. Although we won't be able to get back to you till after 3.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:54 am 
Frodo

Great movie, Nathan. I think I just might have to ski.

Thanks for all the hoops you jumped through while organizing...especially dealings with my roommate. It's too bad you don't know each other. I think you'd be great friends.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:05 pm 
UW Climber

Nathan, thanks for making that movie happen. I'm super stoked to go shred.

I'll be in Portland this winter break if anyone wants to ski Hood or Bachelor. Looks like it's shaping up to be an awesome season!

Also, I can't afford new gear this year so I think I'm going to go with the bent log/horse hair AT setup those Chinese dudes were rocking.