[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Climbing Club • View topic - Mallardy Ridge - Sunday 10/4

The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:13 pm 
experienced hiker of the climbing club

The weather still looks to be sunny and cool on Sunday, so the hike is on. Destination will be Mallardy Ridge - 7 miles, 1800' gain (round trip). Starts at 3000' and winds up through meadows and marsh to the Cutthroat Lakes basin below Bald Mountain. (http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/mbs/recreation/ ... d_0706.htm)

Nothing more than good shoes, water, food, and some warm clothes required for this.

There are 16 people signed up at this point, which is about as many as I'd like to coordinate.

All passengers: contact your driver and work out the details of meeting up on Saturday morning
All drivers:
- Contact me if you have someone in your car that hasn't contacted you
- You will need a NW Forest Pass to park at the trailhead
- The road up to the trailhead is ~8 miles of gravel in reasonably good condition - any passenger car should be fine
- Rather than leaving from a central location, I'd like to plan to rally at the Verlot Ranger station (google maps to Verlot, WA) at 10:00 am. Verlot is 1.5 hours from Seattle, so (if you do the math), plan to depart from Seattle around 8:30.
- From the ranger station, we'll caravan up the road to the trailhead

-----------

Car 1:
Brian P. (driver)
Michelle H.
(Picket)
Carolina

Car 2:
Kris H. (gimp)
Mel G. (driver/boss)

Car 3:
Brian D. (driver)
Laura D.
(2 dogs)
Nathan Snyder

Car 4:
Frank (driver)
Sarah
Jing Newton
Matt O.

Car 5:
Matt D. (driver)
Audrey
Arthur Sikora
Harry Kim
Thoralf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:37 pm 
UW Climber

Hey Brian,

I'm down for going on Sunday, either hike is cool with me.

My number is 818-489-6219, so feel free to give me a call later in the week and we can work things out.

matt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:42 pm 
experienced hiker of the climbing club

Matt - in case other people are interested in coming along, do you have a car, as well?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:09 pm 
UW Climber

yeah, and i can seat 4, not including myself.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:34 am 
UW Climber

Hey Brian,

Do you think we could leave a little earlier on Sunday, maybe 8 or even 7:30? I have an event I'm going to in Seattle at 7. I'm sure if we left at 9 I'd be back in plenty of time, but it's cutting a little close. Regardless, I'm totally fine if the group consensus is 9; just throwing the idea out to see what others think.
Matt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:38 am 
UW Climber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:19 am 
UW Climber

Hi everyone,
I would love to join you this weekend and I am cool with either of the hikes as well as with leaving either at 9 or 8 am.

My number 206-898-6154. Just give me a call so we can figure things out.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Thoralf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:29 am 
The Shepherd

Mel and I are planning on coming along, but we'll be driving together (and won't be taking anyone else) so I can turn around if I need to. Could be the first hike where I slow her down :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:43 pm 
Alpine Slogger

I think Laura and I will join as well. We'll probably bring four legged companionship for Picket.

We'll drive. Could squeeze another in a pinch, if they like dogs.

Doehle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:17 am 
UW Climber

Sarah and I are coming along, too. If needed, we can drive and take two more people. Preferred departure time would be 9am.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:29 am 
UW Climber

I'd like to come if there is space

-matt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:21 am 
UW Climber

It looks as if I'm a little late on the reply, but if there happens to ever be space or anybody drops out I would love to come along.

-Jing Newton

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:37 am 
UW Climber

Lost my internet for 24 hours, and looks like I lost a spot on the hike as well! Similarly, if any more space opens up or anyone else with a car wants to head out anywhere else, I'd love to join you! I'm new in town, take pity! :)
(I came by on Wednesday night and met a few of you)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:40 am 
UW Climber

New to the hiking club, too, but I'd love to come along if there's room! - Audrey D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:37 am 
The Shepherd

If there is enough interest (and drivers), perhaps we could go beyond 12 and have both destinations visited by two separate groups?