[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Climbing Club • View topic - Kris Haskins rescued off Hood.

The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:26 pm 
UW Climber

I've seen his name here many times, so I thought a link would be appropriate.

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthr ... eg_on_Hood

He may need/appreciate a lot of help for the next week or more. Folks that are close to him - please PM/email if advice from a recent mountain rescue/surgical fixation patient can be of use.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:09 pm 
Cap'n Wingspan

<--- valhallas.

I don't really know much more than what I wrote on CC.com. Mel and his mom seem to be in good spirits considering. His mom told me that the drs. say he'll probably need to be in the hospital in portland for about one week, so I hope everyone wishes him the best. I haven't spoken with Jim since he called me to ask for directions, but I'm planning on talking to him later tonight to get the full story. I'm sure he, and Kris once he's able, will tell everyone what happened.

Scary accident, especially without most of the pertinent details, but I'm tremendously relieved that he's ok (if having a broken leg can be said to be ok). A lady who works with S&R told me on cc.com that she spoke with Jim when he got down to call 911 and that he did an excellent job, which seems to correspond to what Kris' mom told me - she said that Jim had to lower Kris down to a safe spot and then climb down and hike out himself to get into cell range.

Let's all wish him the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:44 pm 
UW Climber

Oh wow, sorry to hear about this. Much thanks to the people at SAR!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:01 pm 
UW Climber

The full story can wait a while - healing up is the important part. Each day is in general easier than the previous one. Very glad to hear that the surgery is going well. :).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:09 pm 
The Pub Czar

!!!

Sorry to hear the news; but glad he's going to be ok.

Looks like Jim has earned his beer for taking care of his partner.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:13 am 
UW Climber

Not what I was expecting to see on the forum checking it from the East Coast. Charlie, I am glad you threw that on here because I never go to CC. It is good to hear that Kris and Jim handled the situation so well and that he is alright or at least as good as he can be given the circumstances.

How is your leg/surgery coming along Charlie?

Nathan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:48 am 
experienced hiker of the climbing club

Certainly not the news I expected when I received a phone call from Jim yesterday, either.

Apparently Kris is pretty stoked about his new titanium-reinforced leg, but a little bummed that they weren't able to scrounge up some Adamantium.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:08 am 
Raging Alpoholic

Scary news. Thanks for the updates Charlie and Evan. I'm glad that Kris was in good company and is now safely off the mountain. Wishing you a speedy recovery Kris!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:51 am 
UW Climber

Scary news... Fast recovery Kris :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:13 am 
giving spoon

I was greatly saddened to hear about the accident and so happy hear that Kris will be 'ok'. Our thoughts are with you. Of everyone I have climbed with Jim is the first guy I would want with me in this situation. Hats off to you Jim.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:18 am 
Alpine Slogger

Speedy recovery Kris!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:27 am 
The Pub Czar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:58 am 
UW Climber

I'm glad to hear that Kris is doing fine now. Speed recovery Kris and I'm sure you'll come back stronger than ever.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:06 am 
Cap'n Posthole

Get well Soon Kris! and nice job Jim!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:06 am 
giving spoon

There is a pic of Kris with mountain rescue on the KGW. Try to disregard the errant reporting.

http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/k ... 319e1.html