[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Climbing Club • View topic - PPF

The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PPF
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:07 pm 
Alpine Bod

Putting People First

I used to spend an inordinate amount of time out in the mountains. Well that problem's been fixed. Now I have things lined up with the real world that seems to be so prevalent these days.

As a practical implication I've given up Landscape Photography as it had lost its value in my life.

Result?

This is Lily: we're buds

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:12 pm 
Designated Gaper

No more mountains? So she is your Lily of the Valley, so to speak.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:17 pm 
Alpine Bod

That is correct.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:29 am 
UW Climber

Jon- that's a baby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:00 am 
That goat computes better than me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:52 am 
An Old Geezer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:29 pm 
UW Climber

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:21 am 
Alpine Bod

So I don't really care if people poke fun at me- since most who know me know that I'll be hard pressed to summit the 10% body fat mark anytime in the next 30-50 years. But just as I struck a cord within Dan poking at something sacred, a free heel, no ones disses on Lily- she's a little angel. Chances are quite good she'll be great at mathematics and opposed to consumerism. Hey at least there's strong evidence of literacy here among the folds of the well educated members of the academy. Perhaps I should put my cynic goggles on though and save the simple joy of watching said angel pull herself up for something more meaningful- like stepping up my spray game. It' really been taking a nose dive recently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:03 am 
Banana Nut

Dude, there's nothing sacred about a free heel, and I don't care about that. I was irritated because I was just helping Kevin figure out his binding issue (after he asked), and you took the opportunity to turn my binding review into a tele/rando debate (and the opportunity to misquote me - I said nothing about freeing heels or minds). Frankly, it gets annoying that I can't say anything on this board without a peanut gallery response from you that usually has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

As for photographing landscapes or your niece, hey man, whatever turns your crank. Sure, she looks like a cute kid.

edit: As for the "peanut gallery response" comment above, I suppose the Interweb remains free for everyone's spraying enjoyment; if I am irritated, I guess that's my problem, eh? Spray on, brothers and sisters, spray on. DP will deal with it. If you misquote me, well, I reserve the right to defend myself!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:28 am 
An Old Geezer

Lily's a cute kid. Of course, your deliberately obfuscated writing style gives the reader little to understand and everything else to guess. So until you decide to bump up the contrast on your posts, I'm going to have to imagine life in Spokane in the way that is most amusing to me. So far, I've got you finally moving out to a homestead in the hills with the beautiful, yet rugged, Canadian nurse you fathered a child with on that Alaska roadtrip so many years ago, happy in so many ways but now bedridden with polio and thus deprived of mountain adventure. You wrestle every day, not only with getting out of bed, but with a sudden interest in paving trails for easier wheelchair access. It's a tragic, hopeful story. I'm thinking Jake Gyllenhaal in the lead role, but he's in pretty high demand right now, so the producers might have to settle for Corey Feldman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:53 am 
Banana Nut

:lol: :lol: :lol: Classic!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:22 pm 
UW Climber

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:49 am 
Alpine Bod

:lol:

Ahh, excellent Ralph. Finally some witty spray. Well done, but I must add a couple corrections. First of all, Canadian DOCTOR rather than nurse. This is important. Secondly, I'm confident Jake Gyllenhaal will snatch up the oppurtunity to play this role- currently holding out for him or perhaps a confused Keanu Reeves. The two alternates were considered briefly but tossed due to the implications of personal drug abuse affecting the power of the story. You gotta think of the children. It's too bad as both are such great actors.