The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:35 am 
UW Climber

Hey all! So I talked to a number of you at the IMA last week about beginning a training schedule, and it sounds like most people can make Monday at 5pm and Thursday at 7pm, so we're going to have our first session next Monday at 5pm. Let's meet at the hangboards, because it can be kind of hectic in the gym at that time. I feel like this first session will be spent mostly going over where people's skills are and where they are seeking improvement. The impression I got last week, was that most people are around 5.10 range and bouldering v2-v4 and want to get stronger and work on endurance. We'll begin the session working on some boulder problems and breaking down the movements. In my opinion bouldering is key in building up power and strength, especially on explosive, dynamic moves. Then, on Thursday, we can reserve that day for toproping and building up endurance with some continuous climbs. One of the best ways I found for working endurance is to pick a few routes that are challenging yet manageable and going up them multiple times before resting. It's even better if there is an easy route on that rope that you can downclimb to build up some different muscles and stay on the wall longer. Downclimbing is great for static lockoff power while you move your feet down. Alright guys, let's put this thing together.

Don't forget, the Rain City Send is this Saturday. I highly recommend coming to check it out, comps are a ton of fun. If you are busy during the day and can't climb, you should at least come watch the finals. We are putting up the finals routes right now, and they are gonna be pretty fun to watch. Alrighty, peace out!

David

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:53 pm 
UW Climber

Just to clear up any confusion about there being a training session next week, check the date on the post. Kojo is just asking if there are any plans to start it back up again this year.

But if people want to train, they should definitely show up next Monday and climb hard together!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:15 pm 
Frodo

This was completely my mistake. Sorry for the confusion.