[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Climbing Club • View topic - Help to Save the Index Lower Town Wall

The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:56 am 
UW Climber

In my opinion, Index has the best cragging in Washington. Let's make sure it stays like that! For an update on the fund raising effort see this thread on CascadeClimbers:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:16 pm 
Longshanks

We (the officers) had talked of doing a UWCC matching program. e.g if a member donates $10, the club will also donate $10; Up to some reasonable limit ($500 total?). My memory is that everyone was in favor but we never did it. Any objections now?

-O

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:06 am 
The Pub Czar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:36 pm 
UW Climber

If the club still has the cash, I think matching is a great idea. It would be good to get this going soon- I'm planning on donating, but will probably put it off until the club decides on matching. I bet there are others in the same boat, too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:25 pm 
Longshanks

I think the club is pretty healthy. However, the torch as passed, and this is now Lucas's bailiwick. I can't say for certain.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:22 pm 
receiving spoon

Agreed with everyone, and as the current keeper of the treasure, I don't see a problem with matching everyone's donation to Index with UWCC funds up to 500. I'm ok with doing the bookkeeping. The way I see it, a lot of UWCCers go to Index, so this is a worthy cause for our money. I probably will end up tracking people's donations, and then sending out a mass check after a while from the UWCC to index to avoid bookkeeping confusion. I'm definitely open to anyone's thoughts on the logistics of this.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:54 am 
The Shepherd

If you are going to send a check from the UWCC, perhaps donations can just be given to you or someone else (if writing a check, made out to the UWCC I assume). We could set up some kind of cut off date for the donations. I'm guessing it would be easiest for people to bring them to the person at a meeting or pub night.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:05 pm 
UW Climber

Lucas, would you rather receive checks or a receipt or something from a personal donation? I'm with Michelle, ready and waiting for a club stance. And I'm ready to have another go at some Index 5.9s. :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:47 am 
receiving spoon

Sounds good. For now, I'd say go ahead and donate, but make sure to have a digital copy or a paper copy of your receipt and get it to me. I think I may set a date of something like 8 months from now or something, but I can wait on deciding on that a little later. I'll be writing club checks when donations reach a critical mass.

Also, just to clarify, this UWCC fund matching will only be open to dues paying members.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:35 pm 
Mountain Rhombus

Looks like at least part of the property has been successfully purchased.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/l ... rs28m.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:06 pm 
UW Climber

Lucas, just curious, how much did the club end up matching?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:45 pm 
UW Climber

And does the club still match donations? I realized that I still haven't given my receipt to Lucas.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:33 pm 
receiving spoon

So far, the club has only matched a total of 105 dollars. I actually haven't given it yet to the index fund yet, so if there are any last calls, I would like to get that by pub night this week. 11k to go!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:22 am 
receiving spoon

The club has now officially matched member donations of 180 dollars.