The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:22 am 
UW Climber

So Scott webt climbing with his other girlfriend again, which means I had a weekend with the daves.

On Saturday, I went with superdave and did zoom to leave your face alone and then tunnel vision to the two 11a's at the top, switching leads on every pitch. Both were amazing, I hadn't done the last pitch past tunnel vision. Not as good as the previous pitch, but a good way to finish the climb.

On Sunday, I went with another dave and we climbed Lamplighter to Heaven's gate. I led pitches 1 and 3 and he led pitches 2 and 4. Scott and Eric tried to get me to do 1 and 4 (which are the crux pitches), but for the sake of speed we switched up. I'm pretty sure I would have went big at the roof on the last pitch... if you haven't done these pitches, they are awesome. It starts out with a chimney to some nice laybacking and then face climbing the rest of the way. Dave and I then went and both led Dana's arch. He cruised for the onsight (I fell) and we decided that was a good end to a beautiful october day.