[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Climbing Club • View topic - I-90 Summit intro hike, Sunday Oct 6

The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:46 am 
UW Climber

Hi everyone, looking forward to getting outside and making friends this weekend.

1. I like my clothes synthetic, woolen or gore-tex. I have gear.
2. I have mountain experience.
3. I'm in Car 4. Still looking for a driver...?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:49 am 
UW Climber

Hi I'm Rona!

1. Have all the necessary gear, will probably bring extra warm clothes and hike up a Thermos of hot chocolate or follow the tradition of a whole cake. (Yeah, be my friend!)
2. Please contact Amittai regarding my hiking experience.
3. I'm signed up for Jason's car!

Apparently I use a lot of exclamation points! Concur with Amittai regarding poking Jason.

Also, apparently I haven't figured out how to get a picture yet.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:52 am 
UW Climber

Hi I am Catrin - new to the club, looking forward to getting out in the mountains :)

1. I have the gear
2. I have been hiking for a while
3. I have signed up for a car space if there is one going.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:46 am 
UW Climber

Hi, I'm Ryan.

1. I have gear.
2. I can hike/have experience.
3. I picked up the slack on driving a few people. Check to see if you're in the fun car; don't be disappointed if you're not, there is always next time.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:59 am 
UW Climber

1. I generally bring more than I need.
2. As long as we don't divert to a throughout hike of the PCT, I should be fine.
3. I added myself as the driver for car 4...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:03 pm 
UW Climber

HI I am Sara and I am new to the club and really excited to go on hikes around Seattle to see some of the beautiful nature around here.

1. I have all the gear I need.
2. Since a few years I go hiking whenever I get a chance to do so, but havent really done any extreme stuff so far.
3. I signed up for car #4 hoping there is a forth spot?

Sara

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:11 pm 
UW Climber

Hey all, I'm Nathan. I love everything (backpacking, climbing, caving, kayaking, skiing, snowshoeing) about the mountains.

1. I have all the gear I need.
2. I do a lot of backpacking trips, scrambling, and caving (let me know if any of you are interested in this), and have done Defiance and Bandera before. I tend to spend most of my free time in the mountains.
3. I signed up for Alex's car, if that doesn't work out there's a tiny chance I may be able to get access to a car.

Last edited by Nate Redon on Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:41 pm 
UW Climber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:09 pm 
UW Climber

I am peter.

1. I've got some gear.
2. Am ready to get outside with my peers.
3. In car #9 with some fellow mountaineers
4. We should get beers after this, maybe some...Rainiers?

Pedro.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:18 pm 
UW Climber

I'm Maria and I'm new to UW and I'm really looking forward to spending a day in the mountains.

1. I have all the gear and I hope it fits into my small backpack which is not really one for hiking.
2. I have done some hiking in the alps back in Europe.
3. I signed up for car #8.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:19 am 
UW Climber

Hello! My name is Ilana and I am super excited about the weather and to get out and enjoy on a mountain!

1. I have all the gear I need for myself
2. I have hiked/backbacked many times (altho not too recently unfortunately!)
3. I signed up for car #5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:17 am 
UW Climber

I am Melissa, new to Climbing Club

1) I've got the goods
2) Love to hike, done lots of it before, super stoked about it
3) I have a car that drives me +4, looks like its already all filled

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:27 pm 
UW Climber

I'll come along with ya'll, and bring my friendly dog Piko as a mascot.

1. I've got all the stuff I need to enjoy a beautiful day outside.
2. I've climbed both of these mountains before, and don't anticipate any trubs. So has Piko.
3. I added another car, which will feature myself and Piko as well as room for two others.

+1 to Brendan for the awesome Anchor Man reference.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:30 pm 
UW Climber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:59 pm 
UW Climber

Hi, I'm Andrea.

1. I have hiking the gear.
2. I have been hiking before.
3. I'm signed up for Andy's car.