The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:57 am 
UW Climber

My 4th of July holiday started yesterday, and I'm trying to do some climbing! I have nothing to do until Monday, so I was hoping to get out for a 1 or 2 night or at least a day trip somewhere. Leavenworth/Vantage/Smith would be my preferences, but whatever this potential car full of people I'm fishing for want to do I'm down for. If no one has any ideas, I propose leaving for Smith early Thurday/Friday, and returning Sunday night - but, again, I'm down for absolutely whatever anyone wants to do, as long as we get out on the rock.

I've got 2 ropes, plenty of quickdraws/materials for sport multi-pitch anchors, one extra harness/belay device, a car, two-person tent, and a Coleman propane burning camp range.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:08 pm 
UW Climber

Hey I might be down for some climbing. I could do a two nighter leaving on Friday night and getting back on Sunday night. My preference would be Smith Rock since I've never been there before, but I could go anywhere. I have a rope and a small rack if it's useful. I'm going to Exit 32 with Tom and Heather tomorrow, so if you end up going with us we could talk more about it then.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:09 pm 
UW Climber

That sounds awesome to me, Smith is my favorite place to climb and Friday-Sunday would work for me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:01 pm 
UW Climber

Whoa dang, I spoke too soon. It's gonna be baking this weekend. Leavenworth will have highs of 100, Smith Rock of 96 and Vantage 104. I don't think I'll be up for any of those places. Looks like it's pretty hot on both Saturday and Sunday.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:38 am 
UW Climber

Yes, Bill (another poster here on the forum) just informed me of that. I had heard "Smith is supposed to be a little cooler than Leavenworth this weekend," and thought that would make it ok to climb there, but while it may be cooler than Leavenworth it's still scorching.

Bill said we should go to Squamish, and I'm totally down for that (70 degrees there!!!). I've got my enhanced ID, but my one friend doesn't have his, and if you don't have yours we might have to bag it. Same schedule, but Squamish instead. Text me if you're interested (425-318-0383).