The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:52 pm 
UW Climber

This invite is for climbers that can competently top rope 5.10 and 5.11 sport and follow competently 5.10 trad. If you have a rope and quickdraws, please bring, if you don't then no worries.

In case you've been hunkered down lately and haven't noticed we've got an extra hour of daylight and the weather is awesome!

I'm climbing both days, Friday and Saturday.

Friday could be at Fossil Rock (sport climbing, 1 hour south from Tacoma and 1 hour hike), or Exit 38 on I-90 (sport climbing), or Index (up on Highway 2, crack climbing). I'm game for any.

Saturday could be Index or Exit 38.

So get back to me with your preferences for each day and I'll form carpools. These last 3 weeks I've formed groups of climbers numbering 5 climbers to 14 climbers, we always have a great time!

I start early in the day (driving by 6am) and I like to climb late.

Post up where you want to climb on Friday and also where on Saturday, include your phone so I can reach you and we'll get it done! Also please post if you have a car.

I'll check this thread late tonight (Thursday), and make calls late tonight to those climbing tomorrow.

For those climbing Saturday I'll post late Friday where we're going, and then make phone calls late Friday night.

PS Tuesday a group is forming for skiing at Stevens Pass it's half price at $31 then we're doing a short hike to a hotspring directly after lifts close at 4pm - we'll do our apres ski at the hotspring!! If you want to join, post your interest for skiing, if you've a car, and your phone. It would be best if you are competent on Most Difficult - Black Diamond ski runs.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:43 am 
UW Climber

If the weather holds I'm keen to get outdoors to Index this saturday, or possibly bouldering. i have a rope, draws and a rack. i also have a car. let me know if people need rides or anything and where you are planning on meeting up. my number is 253.820.6395 if you need to get in touch sooner rather than later.
cheers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:23 pm 
UW Climber

I'd be up for Index on Saturday... the forecast is amazing. I've got ropes, a rack, and a pick-up truck, so I can drive one other person and haul any gear that doesn't fit in passenger cars.

-Josh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:27 pm 
UW Climber

Sam and I, and possibly Chris Moorehead, are heading to Index tomorrow. Might be nice to carpool if we can. I'll give one of you guys a call depending on what Christ decides to do.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:42 pm 
UW Climber

Right On!

Let's set a time and a place in Seattle to carpool. I'm hoping at least one person will want to begin early, nice and early. It's light enough to climb by 6:45am at Index.

I'll be leading 5.10 trad cracks. Happy to put up top ropes.

I'll call Brett, he left a phone number.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:51 pm 
UW Climber

I called Brett, we're good for some cracks at Index, like 5.8 to 5.10B

Josh, call me 253.572.5932 so we can meet up 7:45am in Seattle.

Dave.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:21 am 
UW Climber

Awesome, Me, Chris, Sam, and Josh are leading at 7 am, full car. See you guys there!