The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:54 pm 
Offline
UW Climber
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:27 pm
Posts: 40
I'm getting back from South America after a nearly 3 month long study abroad this Saturday and all I wanna do is climb! I've got one friend already enlisted, and we plan to leave for Vantage Saturday night sometime (6pm-10pm). We'll be camping there Saturday night, waking up and climbing Sunday.

I've got 2 ropes (Ima only bring one unless more people sign up), quickdraws, a two person tent (already occupied) and 2 more spots available in my car (if it gets full it'll be SUPER packed with gear, cuz I usually almost completely fill my trunk with firewood). Forecast is mostly sunny, slight chance of rain, 58 degrees - almost perfect!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:59 am 
Offline
UW Climber
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:43 pm
Posts: 494
Location: Seattle
I call the second spot! Got rope and lots of gear.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:41 pm 
Offline
UW Climber
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:27 pm
Posts: 40
My friend backed out, so now it's just you and I. Please don't back out! You're all I've got haha


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:30 pm 
Offline
UW Climber
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:43 pm
Posts: 494
Location: Seattle
Ha, you'll have to duke it out with Lisa, she's trying to get me to stay home and hang out with her! What about Index on Sunday? Will have to watch weather, but it is never certain this far out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:48 am 
Offline
UW Climber

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:27 pm
Posts: 11
how would you feel about leaving for vantage early on saturday and getting even MORE climbing in. sounds like we won't need it since there are two... but i also have rope/draws/gear


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:18 pm 
Offline
UW Climber
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:27 pm
Posts: 40
I would be super down for that, but my flight doesn't get in until noon on Saturday, then I have to move back on to the UW campus (I brought all my belongings back to my parents house during my study abroad), so that night is the earliest I can leave.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:55 pm 
Offline
UW Climber

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:27 pm
Posts: 11
Ah, too bad.

A friend and I may boulder tomorrow if the weather is good. I would definitely still be down to climb some ropes sunday though. Are you set on vantage or would you be interested in somewhere closer if the weather holds out?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:22 pm 
Offline
UW Climber
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:43 pm
Posts: 494
Location: Seattle
So it looks like the weather is going to hold at Index. Want to go there Carl? Vantage would be nice, but with gas and all it is pretty expensive. Index is much sweeter climbing anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:46 am 
Offline
UW Climber

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:27 pm
Posts: 11
hey guys, i'm going out to index today. i'd be down to go anywhere there is some easier sport tomorrow cause my buddy wants to climb and he isn't putting up any 10s outside or anything. if the weather holds i'd be leaning towards bouldering at gold bar. anyways, give me a call at 253 820 6395.
cheers!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:30 pm 
Offline
UW Climber
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:27 pm
Posts: 40
Hey so due to various airport clusterfucks, I'm not getting back to Seattle until 7:45. If you guys are down, I would still SUPER want to go to Vantage on Sunday, leave tonight after I get back. But if you guys are really don't want to, I'd be willing to go to Index. But I definitely prefer to go to Vantage. Can you guys PM me your phone numbers so we can figure all this out when I arrive in Seattle tonight? I'd be able to leave around 9 haha so we'd get to Vantage kinda late, but that's my style. Maybe if you guys aren't feeling arriving at Vantage ~1 am, you could meet me there in the morning? I REALLY WANT TO GO TO VANTAGE

Btw, weather is WAY better at Vantage.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:49 pm 
Offline
UW Climber
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:43 pm
Posts: 494
Location: Seattle
Hey all,

With the weather forecast being what it is, Lisa and I will climb at exit 32 or 38 tomorrow and head out when it starts raining. Vantage is too much distance and gas=$$$. Index today was great though, good to get out on that sweet granite again!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group