The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:14 pm 
experienced hiker of the climbing club

A number of folks are planning to head out on Sunday to climb Big Snow Mountain off the Middle Fork Snoqualmie River Road via Hardscrabble Lakes. The area is quite pretty and the approach, while involving over 5000' of gain (1500' on bikes) and a hefty amount of mileage is rather non-technical and amenable to a substantially sized group.

If interested, post below or send me a PM.

You will need a mountain bike and a way to transport it to the trailhead. The trip may be dog friendly (i.e., Picket may be present). Everyone coming along should have crampons, an ice axe, helmet, and the skills to use all three (i.e., advanced helmeteering is required). We're also going to be trying to do a bit of bootleg trail maintenance on the approach to keep the slide alder at bay so if you have loppers, bring 'em.

Weather continues to look slightly iffy for the afternoon, so we'll be looking to set a brisk pace and get underway early from Seattle (0600ish). Hardscrabble Lakes also make for a nice destination if you're not into the whole summitting nonsense.

Provided we get down in good order, a dinner at North Bend Bar and Grill, A Pizza Place, or Snoqualmie Brewery are all possible.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:24 pm 
experienced hiker of the climbing club

Canceled on account of an exceptionally poor weather forecast.