The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:50 pm 
Raging Alpoholic

Hey,

Jasmine and I are set to climb in Squamish this weekend. We would welcome two more to join us and carpool up there. You and your partner would be welcome to climb along with us, or we could just meet up and camp together after each day. My hope is to tag one of the classic routes up the Chief. If that doesn't interest you, there are plenty more options for climbing in Squamish, including single-pitch sport and trad and even some areas that can be top-roped. The weather is looking excellent for this weekend: ~70 degrees and partly sunny! We would like to leave Seattle Thursday night and return (possibly late) on Sunday. If you want to join us and don't have a partner lined up, post anyway and see if someone else is in the same boat.

Val

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:06 pm 
UW Climber

Ahhhrrhgggggggggg my finals are on Thursday, and two on Saturday. I'm so jealous. I want to go there so badly.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:51 pm 
UW Climber

You and me both, Carl. This would be perfect in like two weeks.

Hope you guys have a good trip, I am super jealous!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:48 am 
Raging Alpoholic

Sorry guys! I have a feeling that there will be more Squamish trips coming up though. The more that I look through the guide book, the more that I am finding. And, even though Jasmine seems to want to do everything in one weekend, we'll probably have to save some for next time. :wink: We'll post a TR with updated route conditions. Hopefully you guys can hit it up in a couple weeks too.... :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:55 pm 
UW Climber

Very much last minute, but anyway: I'm pondering to go there just Friday night till Sunday and camp together with Val and Jasmine. I have all the gear and can lead to about 5.10. Does that sound interesting to anyone?