The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:44 pm 
UW Climber

I was just coming to post this when I saw that there was already a Leavenworth trip proposed for this weekend. I'm gonna post this anyway because I've got some specific objectives in mind, but maybe these trips can be combined, or we can all camp together or something.

Goal 1: Carl and I are planning on attempting Condorphamine Addiction (5.10b sport, 7 pitches), probably on Sunday. If another pair with gear and experience wants to join us that would probably work out, but as this will be my longest multi-pitch climb yet, I don't think I'm comfortable inviting anyone onto this climb who wouldn't do it based on their own experience.

Also, I'm super excited to try out a bunch of new trad gear, much of it from David Yount (Thanks David!), I'm not sure where this will be yet, but somewhere with some mellow trad cracks.

So basically I'm looking for a couple of people who want a ride to Leavenworth, but who are happy doing their own thing for part of the time (or joining us on Condorphamine). I know I'm always looking for a way to get out there, so I thought I'd put this up.

Timing is up for discussion. Sunday is so far the nicest predicted day, so first order idea is to drive out Saturday night and get an early start Sunday morning. I could potentially be interested in staying till Monday since it is a holiday, but if nobody else wants to stay that long we could come back Sunday night.