The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Skiing this weekend?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:19 pm 
UW Climber

In for Saturday - possibly more. I'm free anytime, can meet anywhere. Subie wagon will seat a cozy four + skis. It's often convenient to get there fairly early before the lots fill so you can park near the trailhead. Lifts spin at 9.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:35 pm 
UW Climber

I’m in for Sunday! I just moved from Bellingham about 6 months ago, so I’m excited to head to Baker! Crystal sounds like a lot of fun, but I can’t commit to both days – another time.

I can drive if need be – I have room for 4 people with gear, 3 is more comfortable though. My car has 4wd.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:48 pm 
UW Climber

Sunday is looking a little better for me. It gives me time to get my stuff in order. I could drive, but getting a ride would be preferable. Ian, does your car for Sunday still have space?

-Andrew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:30 pm 
One Armed Wonder

Let us know if you are coming on Sunday Andrew Kurt and Lucas and Adam. But right now I'd say us four:
Val,Ian,Aubrey,Kurt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:09 pm 
UW Climber

Since I'm on both lists, I'll clarify that I indeed with to go skiing on Sunday. :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:04 pm 
UW Climber

I'm going to be away from the computer until later tonight, but right now my plan is to be at Ian's house tomorrow at 6 am ready to go - I'll check back later to see if things have changed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:43 pm 
UW Climber

Where is Ian's house? Any chance I could be picked up at the Lynnwood Transit Center. It's just off the highway (left hand exit) and saves me a ton of time. If it's too much trouble, I understand.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:58 pm 
One Armed Wonder

Kurt we can pick you up. We should meet there at the lynwood park and ride. I repeat:
Lynwood park and ride (not my house, sigh). Left hand exit. I cannot find the best way to get there from the highway going north, and I don't have your phone. Please call me 206-235-9557 and post here how to get there.

LEAVE AT 6:00! We'll figure out rides at the parking lot, but Aubrey and Kurt I hope will be the drivers.

EVERYONE IT WILL BE COLD. DRESS ACCORDINGLY. Bring really really good gloves tooo...

Right now there are 5 people, with an additional 6th. Is there a suburban that people have? That might make it easier if the 6th person is unable to come.

If you're coming, please text me. I'll also send out a text to the people whose numbers I have.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:18 pm 
UW Climber

I guess it's actually called the Lynnwood Transfer Center.

The left hand exit to the Lynnwood transfer center is the only left hand exit currently operating North of 45th on I-5. It's about 10 or 15 mins north of the 45th exit. There is currently another left hand exit under construction a little earlier, so dont get confused.

I can drive although the car needs to have an anti freeze change, so while not the best, it will probably be fine.