The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Climbing at Exit 38
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:56 am 
UW Climber

Hey,

I'm kind of new to the club, but I figured I'd see if anyone wanted to come out climbing with me after finals? I live about 10 minutes away from Exit 38, so I'm going to be up there as much as possible once my finals are over. I've gotten out there twice this month and it's been pretty warm, but we just got a bit of snow up here so this trip will be entirely dependent on the weather. It is supposed to be sunny next Friday (3/19), and a friend and I are planning on going up there on that day, probably to the Interstate or, if it's really nice, Deception Crags (The Trestle).

Anyway, if anyone wants to tag along, I have two ropes, a full rack, and I might have an extra helmet if anyone needs one. We'll probably try to get out there around 11:00 AM at the parking lot, and probably be down by around 3:00 or 4:00 PM. I can't really give anyone a ride though, sorry about that.

I generally climb around 5.10a/b though I do enjoy a few 10d's and 11's every once in a while. Still, the Interstate has just about everything in terms of grade, though if we decide we want harder stuff, we'll probably have to go to the Trestle. Also, I lead, and I'm pretty sure my friend won't mind leading, but in any case, no leading experience is required. Although, it'd be nice if you were comfortable with belaying.

As for gear, you'll need equipment for sport climbing (shoes, harness, chalk bag, helmet) and I highly recommend bringing hand warmers, as the climbs in the shade right now are really painful on the hands. If anyone wants to bring another rope or their own draws, feel free.

So, if you want to go, let me know. Also, I'll keep this thread updated regarding the weather.

-Dan Scott