[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Climbing Club • View topic - Gothic Basin - Sat - 1/23

The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:35 am 
UW Climber

Are we up to six people for the actual Del Campo attempt yet? I think Saturday I'm already committed to a guided snowshow on Rainier as a form of political scientist bonding (woo). I would really like to join you for a Sunday attempt if you do it then, I can still get steel crampons from the club, and there's room! Somehow sounds unlikely now...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:36 am 
UW Climber

I'd be interested in the Gothic Basin part, and heading up the easier peak as it's clear I'm not in "breaking trail keeping up with Brian" shape right now... :) (ah, but only for now!)

I can help take the lead for the beginner group in terms of route finding and keeping people together and making sure everyone's got everything sorted (gear wise). Only thing is I'm not sure I'll be able to get a map before then tho, so if someone else could do that that would be helpful. . .

Either day works for me for now.

Christie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:59 am 
UW Climber

I would like to come along and do the Del Campo attempt.

Have all the gear just need a helmet and crampons from the IMA.

I would need a ride though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:52 am 
Moss Man

Hi - I was just about to propose a trip on the mountain loop myself!

I am good to go for Sunday.

Gothic Basin is a nice spot, however, I could also see a summit of Bedal being particularly attractive in these conditions!

I would also be game for a more direct Del Campo attempt, which would possibly skip the circuitous 'basin' part entirely.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:07 pm 
The Pub Czar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:11 pm 
UW Climber

Hi, I'll be interested in Gothic Basin. I prefer going Saturday.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:43 pm 
Cap'n Posthole

I'm in for Del Campo attempt and have all the required gear.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:14 pm 
Moss Man

I will likely plan something for Sunday, regardless which day the Del Campo group heads out. I would love to join the larger group, but will lead something comparable if the main group decides on saturday.

Current MM5 forecast has some precip hitting the cascades Saturday midday, while Sunday morning is looking dry, with high clouds increasing through the afternoon preceeding a front which is looking to hit the mountains later in the evening.

I have been to both Del Campo and Bedal in snow before, and they are both excellent objectives!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:16 pm 
The Shepherd

I'm not sure I will make it now (i'm sick). Hoping for a miraculous recovery though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:01 pm 
UW Climber

so is it going to be saturday or sunday? i'm interested in coming (or at least going as far as the basin) but i'll need a ride!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:25 pm 
experienced hiker of the climbing club

First post updated with Del Campo/Gothic Basin crews. We will be going Sunday.

The Del Campo crew will be getting underway from Seattle at 5:30 am on Sunday morning. The Gothic crew is encouraged to get a somewhat more leisurely start, but still probably wants to be leaving Seattle no later than 7:00 am.

I'm a little unclear on the car situation, at the moment, so if you are coming and can drive, please post below. Thanks!

Kris and Brian D. - I didn't put you in either crew on account of plague and the day, respectively.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:42 pm 
Dr. Crevasse

Brian, I thought you were climbing Del Campo as well, unless something has changed in the last two hours.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:16 pm 
experienced hiker of the climbing club

I figured that my participation in that part of the trip was implicit. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:07 pm 
UW Climber

Sorry for the somewhat late post, but I'd like to join the Gothic Basin/Gothic Peak crowd if I can. As long as I can get gear tomorrow, of course.

I do not have a car suitable for winter driving conditions.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:08 pm 
UW Climber

I have no car but would love a ride in one for the early morning departure!
Glad we're going Sunday... have realized I have work due Sat eve I'd forgotten about... :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next