The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:18 pm 
Moss Man

Since our saturday plans fell through (note to everyone: never leave skiis in a shop over a weekend!), count me in for sunday.

I can drive but would prefer a ride, as I have sworn in the past I would never drive rt 2 on a weekend again... I am familiar with the routes in the area, and it appears the cold air pocket east of the pass should keep that spot nice and fluffy tomorrow, if not as sunny as today.

Basic weather summary. Snowing in the morning, showery in the middle of the day, snowing again in the evening (after sundown). Best chance for (short) breaks in the weather: late afternoon.

Contact: 206.427.8552. I can arrange meeting anywhere between u-district and cap hill.

- Kevin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:19 pm 
Tenacious Lee

Would your car be able to fit four plus gear Kevin? I'd be happy to do the driving if you're comfortable with that.

I've read the Burgdorfer descriptions of the routes in the area and I'm going to pick up a Green Trail this afternoon, but nothing beats on the ground knowledge. I too am up for basically anything short of hucking cliffs.

My number is 303.912.8323.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:29 pm 
Moss Man

Yep - we can fit 4 + gear (5 in a pinch if Nick C comes). Its fine for highway driving, so that should work out. I've never hucked a cliff before, so no worries about that - plenty of options in the ridgelines + old growth category.

- Kevin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:40 pm 
UW Climber

I've been out around town all day but... it sounds like we can all fit in kevin's car? Nick and I both live on Cap Hill (I'm on the east side of the hill, NIck on the West) and we can switch off driving on the way back if need be.

Leaving at 6 am sounds great to me, that gives us plenty of time to explore. I don't have to be back at any particular time either.

Kevin I take it you have maps? Anyway, I'm gonna call you three right now anyway because I can't count on people being tethered at 8 pm on a saturday night.

Rok