[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Climbing Club • View topic - Snowshoe Trip on Sunday - 1/10

The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:17 pm 
UW Climber

Another driver just came out of the woods:
A friend of mine would drive and could fit three more people, but doesn't have snow shoes yet.

I will try to rent a second pair of snow shoes and another ice axe for him at the IMA but don't know if I am allowed to do so.

If not does anybody have a spair pair? I will update this evening if I could check out another pair or if still needed.

Cheers Thoralf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:18 pm 
UW Climber

If am able to find a ride, I would pick Hidden Lakes

Jake Turgeon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:01 pm 
experienced hiker of the climbing club

Thoralf - if you friend is a club member, you should be able to check out gear for him. If not, it would be poor form to do so.

I have a spare ice axe that I could bring along, if needed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:34 pm 
UW Climber

Well damn, I went to the gear rental yesterday at 4 and they told me that the new thursday hours are 5-7, but that friday was still 4-6. Then I went back just now and they told me that infact the gear rental desk was like 2:30 to 4 on fridays now... So i missed my window to rent snowshoes and an ice ax. What are the hours this quarter, why cant I get a straight answer from the UW climbing center, and does anyone have a spare set I could use? If not, i guess i'm sitting this one out.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:39 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:21 pm 
UW Climber

Thanks brian, you're right and i noticed that thread about the new hours right after I made my last post, lol. I'll just sit this one out. There's a queue waiting for an open spot anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:52 pm 
UW Climber

Alright my friend Alberto and me are gonna be there too. Alberto has a car (4x4) and can fit three more people.

I checked out gear from the IMA for both of us

Brian - Alberto is not a member, yet. But wanted to become a member for quite a while and will definitely become a due paying member shortly. Since I was the last to check out gear friday at around 6 pm I probably didn't keep any member from renting gear. :)

Thoralf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:11 pm 
UW Climber

I'm in, if I can get gear from somewhere, and if there's an open spot. REI allows returns, right?

I need a ride, so wherever the driver goes is where I go. I've never done snow-related activities before (except skiing), but am physically fit.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:56 am 

Destination, driving instructions, gear, and car/driver lists have all been updated on the first page.

See you tomorrow in the AM at the Burke!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:44 pm 
UW Climber

Do I even bother with snow shoes if I have crampons? What are others doing? I am new to the Washington scene.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:52 pm 

Bring snowshoes. While it may be a tad icy below 5500', the final 1500' to the summit may be fairly unconsolidated.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:04 pm 
UW Climber

At the very last minute I have jumped on board. I have all the gear, and the people who were in Evan's car are going to ride in my Subaru. I also have a bow saw...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:13 pm 

Great! Thanks, Aaron, that should be a big help.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:11 pm 
UW Climber

Why exactly would we need an ice axe?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:28 pm 
UW Climber

To chop ice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next