The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Weekend outings?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:23 pm 
UW Climber

Yeah echoing Nick's sentiment, I don't know how this thread evolved the way it did, but either way I may be down for something Sunday(esp if it's climbing and esp if it's late morning). I'm a maybe at this point so don't count on me to drive, but I live in the U-District which hopefully is convenient for someone. I'll let you guys know if I can't make it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:59 pm 
UW Climber

There isn't yet a plan - there are a number of people who want to do something but lack the commitment to plan! I'm happy to coordinate people heading out, I just lack the knowledge of the area to identify a good target by tonight. If a reasonable suggestion is presented, I can try to deal with logistics. Does anyone who's posted in this thread actually have anything particular in mind? Does anyone actually have a car? Should I abandon all hope and just enjoy myself tonight? :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:30 pm 
UW Climber

I too am not the most familiar with climbing around Washington state(for the record Mazama two weeks ago was my first outdoor climbing in this state in 10 years). Though everyone I've talked to says exit 38 is a sweet spot, how about we go there? If tomorrow doesn't work out(which I'd understand given how last minute it is) would anyone want to shoot for exit 38 next Saturday or Sunday? it'd be a little easier to plan that trip, esp w/o halloween in the way.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:04 pm 
UW Climber

I'm tempted to trust Brian's earlier evaluation that climbing at the exits won't be dry in time, since unlike us he has plenty of WA experience! Hm. No one's offered a car, anyway... I may not check forum again, but feel free to call me, 2O6-9O9-9151