The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mount Stuart
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:36 pm 
UW Climber

I'm going to be setting up a trip to Mount Stuart sometime in the next couple weeks. I've wanted to get up there ever since I hiked to Lake Ingalls last year, and my last couple trips to the area have made me pretty confident that it's a good time for me to try it. This post is to invite all of you to join me, or at least see whether anyone would be interested. I'll update as the weather stops being so unpredictable, hopefully.

This trip would involve a pretty short approach from the Esmerelda Basin TH in the Teannaway area to Long's Pass, then a descent down to Ingalls Creek, perhaps camping for the night here, then climbing Stuart from the Cascadian Colouir route. I plan this being the easiest route since I don't have the gear for any real climbing or glacier travel, but if anyone is seriously interested in another route, I can probably borrow the needed gear. This trip would probably be an overnighter, camping down near Ingalls Creek. I would consider trying it in one long day, but an overnight would be more comfortable. It's about 4+ miles from the trailhead to Ingalls Creek, then a little less than 5000 ft ascent from there to the summit. From looking at the route about a week ago from Bean Peak, it appears straightforward and probably has no snow left by now.

I would be driving there, and have room for 3 other people if we squeeze in gear. If more people than this want to go, we might need another vehicle. If this seems like a trip you might be interested in, reply back here and let me know. I'll put up some more time information as soon as the weather looks to be clearing. As a rough estimate, it would probably be sometime near the week of the 17th.

- Ryan

Post subject: Re: Mount Stuart
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:15 am 
Cap'n Wingspan

There's definitely no snow up there now, at least nothing more than small patches that are entirely avoidable. Lots of people climbing via the cascadian this time of year.