[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Climbing Club • View topic - Granite Mountain evening hike Monday Aug 3rd

The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:35 am 
Raging Alpoholic

Next week Nathan and I are planning to hike Granite Mt. and summit just before sunset (leave seattle at around 3:30 or 4). The hike is entirely on trail. 8 miles RT and 3800' of gain. We will probably do it in around 2.5 hours up. I have two more spots in my car if anyone would like to join.

Val

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:22 am 
UW Climber

I'd like to go, but I have to check out my work schedule for next week first. I don't know about monday until tomorrow (saturday), so I'll reply back then and let you know.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:45 am 
UW Climber

I'd be keen to come along, if there is still room. It sounds like a really nice hike.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:52 am 
Raging Alpoholic

It looks like we have a group! If anyone else is interested in this hike, definately still post and we can see if it is possible to add another vehicle. I'll be away for most of the weekend, but check the forum again on Sunday night/Monday morning for a meeting place (I live in Fremont, but is the U-district good for you guys?) and an exact time. I can also be reached at 360-471-9227.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:36 pm 
UW Climber

It turns out I have work tomorrow night, so i won't be able to come with :( I'll be off tuesday-thursday though, and I'll probably be doing something then, so I'll post plans on the board. Sorry about that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:49 am 
Raging Alpoholic

No problem Ryan. So, I still have room for one more then. Benjamin, Nathan and I are meeting outside of the Starbucks on the corner of University Ave and 42nd. Let me know if you still plan to join us and we'll wait for you there.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:06 am 
UW Climber

so what time are we going to be meeting then? 3:30 or 4?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:14 am 
Raging Alpoholic

Oops, we are meeting at 4:00. See you there.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:03 am 
UW Climber

This will be the first in a series dubbed by Valerie "Extra-mile Mondays" for those who just didn't get enough vert or distance in over the weekend. It will involve something mountain- (or not-so-mountain) related after usual work hours on Monday evenings. Just another chance for those not inclined or able to join for the Wednesday night pub night to hang out. Next week, evening bike ride to Redhook.

Nathan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:27 am 
The 11th Essential

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:38 pm 
UW Climber

oh man, i did the ride out to redhook a couple of months ago, sooo much fun.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:57 pm 
UW Climber

The tour of Redhook is awesome, its $1 and they give you essentially unlimited samples, or at least the laidback guy who gave us our tour did. That's a long ride from the U district, for me at least.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:05 am 
Raging Alpoholic

Ben, Nathan and I hiked Granite yesterday after work as part of Nathan and my plan to get in more Monday activities. We left Seattle at 4, arrived at the trailhead at 5:15 and were on the summit at 7:15. Oops, I had been aiming for sunset and this was a good hour before that! We relaxed for a bit and headed down, arriving at the car just before we really needed to pull out headlamps. We were back in Seattle just after 10pm. Given this, I figure we can keep up the Monday hiking thing until we loose another hour of daylight. Eventually, we will be reaching the summit at sunset.

Any suggestions/interest for more Monday trips?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:24 am 
UW Climber

I'd be interested, and I can usually find someone to cover work. As for suggestions, I've always wanted to hike the section of the PCT to the Kendall Catwalk, but that's not so much a sunset destination. Silver peak would be nice.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:04 pm 
The Pub Czar

the TNAB folks seem to have a good selection of hikes to do in the evenings:

http://thursdaynightafterburners.com/