The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:03 pm 
UW Climber

Hey, so I'm planning a trip on Monday or Tuesday, or possibly both if I find somewhere that would take two days. I'm down to do something fairly difficult and scrambly, as that's the extent of my experience so far. I was considering at least trying to get up the road to Mt. Persis, and going up to see what the ridge between Persis and Index looks like at this point. Hibox is always something I've wanted to do, but that might still be deep in snow. I was also considering further east options where there might be less snow, I would love to go back to the Ingalls Peak area as well and do some exploring. Longs Pass might be a destination, a good place to stare at Mt. Stuart. Other mellower hikes might be alright too.

I haven't nailed anything down yet, so if there is anyone who is interested in going (I can fit 2 large or 3 small-sized people plus gear) and has ideas, feel free to throw them out there. Actually, even if you can't go and you have an idea, post it. I'll keep this updated with ideas as I come up with them.

- Ryan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:00 pm 
UW Climber

Yesss count me in... I have monday or tuesday off and ready for anything. I don't have a large amount of experience climbing but i am trying just to get out there and have some fun. Give me a call and let me know the logistics 206 769 1537
-emmett