[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Climbing Club • View topic - Climbing at the Exits ~5:ish (Thu 5/21)

The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:41 am 
One Armed Wonder

No meeting is planned for tomorrow, and I know a number of you would like to go out to the exits for some climbing. I would like to get a sense of how many people would go tomorrow (Wed, or Th) based on the weather. And honestly, you could go both days, or one and not the other if there are enough people.

Personally, I don't know If I could make it tomorrow, and definitely not Thursday. However I'd be keen in helping to organize rides and whatnot.

If you are interested please respond, saying what day and time you can leave, the gear you have/need, your rock climbing experience, whether you have a car.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:10 am 
Cap'n Posthole

I am interested Thursday for sure, Wednesday is currently a maybe.
Thursday I can leave by 3pm.
I have a car room for 3.
I have rope and draws.
I am comfortable climbing 5.7-5.9
and started leading this weekend

EDIT:
I lied I can't make it Thursday 5/21

Last edited by David Goulet on Wed May 20, 2009 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:38 am 
UW Climber

Hi!! I'd be up for going climbing on Thursday (Wednesday is finals day)! I'd rather leave around 4:30 though. I have the bare minimum equipement (harness, shoes and belay equipment). I used to be able to lead 5.9 comfortably but I have almost not climbed this past year (thank you law school :wink: ). Let me know!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:42 am 
UW Climber

No Wed.
Yes Thursday!
Can leave by 4:30
Have rope and sport rack
Can lead 5.9/10
No Car

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:30 pm 
UW Climber

Wed or thurs sounds great! Time can be flexible, but 4:30 sounds good! I have personal gear, but no rope. I can climb around 5.7-5.8, haven't done any lead climbing and don't have a car.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:59 pm 
Cap'n Wingspan

I'm interested in going Thursday. I've got a car, can take 3 others, and have all the personal gear as well as lots of draws and two ropes I can bring. I am willing to lead up to 5.11 depending on the type of climb.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:06 pm 
UW Climber

I'd love to go Thursday!
Could leave after 3:30
Have my own shoes/harness/device
Have led 5.9 in the past, can lead belay.
Currently top-roping low 10s.
No car.
If I'll need a helmet, I can only leave around 4:15, after I run back from the IMA to the rendevous point : )

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:14 am 
UW Climber

I lied. Count me out. I'm leaving for Chelan Thursday night. Have fun though everyone!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:08 am 
UW Climber

I'd like to go!

I have a rope
5 draws
no helmet

Lead 5.8/5.9
Top-rope .10b

And my participation is pending approval of my girlfriend (Thursday is my only day off), so we'll see

~Andrew

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:46 pm 
UW Climber

So, it looks like Evan is driving, and Magali, Sarah, myself and perhaps Andrew are interested in coming. And I'm going to finish editing all these undergrad papers today so I can go!

Is there a usual departure point? Will there be enough helmets, or will I have to run to the IMA to check one out before departure?

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:50 pm 
Cap'n Wingspan

Well, often UWCC trips depart from the Burke Museum parking lot, but if you can all get to the 65th St and I-5 P&R that might be better, since we can get right onto I-5 from there and try to avoid as much bad traffic as possible. If you live somewhere in between there and ballard I can probably pick you up on my way. PM me your address if that's the case, or you can all call me at (518)429-7179.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:01 pm 
UW Climber

I grabbed the HUB helmet today, so I should be able to get to the rendezvous between 3:30 and 4! It looks like I can take the 48 bus up to the Greenlake park and ride.

My number is 206.719.2700.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:12 am 
UW Climber

I'm interested, except I can only meet after 4:30 on Thursday, if anybody's available. I have basic equipment but don't have ropes or draws. I only climbed a little before, and I need a ride.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:02 am 
UW Climber

Hi! Except if there are enough helmets I will have to run to the IMA at 4pm to grab one today. I guess then the best for me would be to meet you at the Burke Museum around 4:30pm. Is there any way I could check out the gear before 4pm?
Also, my cell # is 425-238-2966.
See you tonight!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:37 am 
Cap'n Wingspan

Ok, I'm picking up Sarah, Jenni, and Magali at 4 today. That fills up my car, so if anyone else wants to come, they need to find a ride. We'll probably be going to Exit 38, although I'm open to 32. I thought I had a guidebook for 32, but I can only find 38, so maybe I never had it (I know I refuse to buy that stupid hard bound copy). If anyone arranges another car during the day today and wants to meet up with us, call me at 518-429-7179.