The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:13 pm 
experienced hiker of the climbing club

I'm going to be headed out to the Lake Wenatchee area on Sunday to do a little brushing and exploration along the White River Trail. This is a route used to access the Lightening Creek High Route for those climbing in the Dakobed Range (or Clark Mountain). While the trail is in excellent condition to the turn-off for Boulder Pass, it is reportedly in very poor condition past this point. Since I'll be coming out the Lightening Creek High Route in less than two weeks (knock on a *lot* of wood), I'd like to scout the route to see exactly how bad it is and clear the worst of the brush (if possible). I would certainly appreciate company if the idea of banking some mountain karma appeals to anyone else.

I'll be leaving Seattle around 7 am on Sunday and will be looking to get back early in the evening. My plan is to drive up the White River Road, hoof it four miles in to Boulder Pass, and then head up the White River trail, brushing the route as time and willpower allow. Round trip distance will probably not be greater than 14 miles, with less than 1000' of elevation gain. I'll then be taking a run (in a car) up Chiawawa River Road to see how much further the snow has melted and if we have a prayer of making it anywhere close to Trinity next weekend.

If interested in joining me, either give me a call (# in forum directory) or respond to this post.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:20 am 
giving spoon

Sorry, my weekend is already booked, but I know where you could find a gps unit near that trail for free!

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:26 am 
experienced hiker of the climbing club

I was actually going to try to avoid that particular scenic detour.