[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Climbing Club • View topic - Snow School

The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Snow School
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:14 am 
UW Climber

1. Learner
2. I will drive, and have a Parks Pass, but am planning on driving to Tieton Saturday night, camp, and climb Sunday with friends. Welcome to join me if you are interested; I don't have a climbing partner yet! You are also welcome to camp; fun crew. I'm happy to drive people to Rainier, as long as they have a way back...
3. I have all the personal gear.
4. No group gear to contribute, but will be making an REI run on Friday early, so would be happy to make a purchase, if it will help.
5. No experience (glacier travel/crevasse rescue).

6. Will have yummy treats to share!

I made it to most of the meeting Wed. I will be practicing z pulleys on my own prior. Sweet!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:32 am 
UW Climber

1. Coming as a learner
2. I could drive if I need to... but I have a real small car, room for 2 others
3. I need to borrow a helmet and ice axe
4. no group gear to contribute
5. no experience with glaciers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:47 am 
UW Climber

1. I'd like to go -- Learner
2. I can drive if necessary (2)
3. Just an ice ax -- plan to rent one.
4. Biners?
5. A little glacier experience.

Adrian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:52 am 
Dr. Crevasse

I need to cap this trip unless more experienced people sign up. I need to keep the ratio 3:1 for learners:experienced for safety and educational reasons.

The three of you are on the waiting list.
Lissa Wanserski
benjaminrutz
amarchetti

If I get another experienced person you are in, or if someone bails I'll add you to the trip.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:00 am 
UW Climber

Put me on the wait list as well..

2. No car
3. All I have off the list is the two locking biners
4. Nothin'
5. Went to a similar "glacier school" type deal before, but never actually travelled on glaciers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:13 am 
UW Climber

Please put me on the waiting list (I tried to reply last night but my internet crashed!)

1. Learner
2. I'd rather ride with others, but if necessary I have a clunker I could drive down - seats 4.
3. I have all personal gear.
4. I can contribute a picket, a pulley, a few long slings, and a 60m rope if we need it.
5. I've walked on a few glaciers (New Zealand, Tibet, WA), and walked up to/around many (Norway, Indian Himalaya, Africa). Never roped up though.

Luke Wolcott

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:18 am 
UW Climber

2. I can drive if necessary
3. I have my own personal gear
4. Only biners in terms of group gear
5. No glacier experience

-Jesse

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:59 am 
UW Climber

So I missed the meeting yesterday, did people talk about planning rides at all? If not is somebody already making a list of drivers and riders? Shouldn't be too hard to figure out, but it looks like we have a lot of potential drivers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:31 pm 
Alpine Slogger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:30 pm 
UW Climber

Thanks... I should learn how to read. But yeah I'm already going, already talked to Jim a few days ago.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:06 am 
Dr. Crevasse

I have posted the list for driving and rope team assignments in my original post. Please know who your driver is and who the experienced person on your rope team is. This is a large group, and I had to cap the size. If you do not show up at the Burke on Saturday morning, I will be extremely...disappointed. Plus it's bad mountain karma.

Those who have gear, please bring a few extra biners so we don't come up short.

Please make sure you have a helmet, ice ax and harness.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact me.

Directions for those driving:
I-5 South
512 East
7 South
706 East
Paradise

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:13 am 
UW Climber

Thanks for getting this all set up Jim.

I can also take 3 more people in my van I dont know if we could maybe get away with one less car? I'm sure you've done the math, just thought I'd mention it.

See you guys Saturday!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:25 am 
UW Climber

So, being on the waiting list and all, I figure I'll get myself geared up and packed tonight.

Just in case someone bails at the very last second (i.e. doesn't show up), give me a call. I live close and could be there in 5 minutes. I'm not sure if I gave the club my phone number, but its (607) 206-6240.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:51 pm 
Dr. Crevasse

Please note that some of the car groups have changed.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:34 pm 
The Pub Czar

thanks again for organizing this, jim.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next