[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Climbing Club • View topic - Snow School

The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Snow School
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:38 am 
Cap'n Posthole

1. Learner.
2. Can take 3
3. have gear.
4. no group gear
5. I understand most of the theory but haven't actually done anything.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:53 am 
UW Climber

teach me!
1. learner
2. have a car and room for gear and three more
3. I just need to borrow an Ice axe, (i think its about time i just buy myself some cordellette for prusiks)
4. I have a rope - 60m dry treated 10.2 (maybe a good workout with a 10.2 on a glacier?); and one long sling...(maybe more after i visit REI...)
5. no experience with glaciers and crevasse rescue

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:01 am 
UW Climber

1. I can be a teacher
2. I don't have a car
3. I have my personal gear
4. I have two ropes, 2 pulleys, 2 mechanical ascenders (tibloc, ropeman... interesting alternatives to prussiks), cordelette, slings but no snow pickets.
5. I'm an official UIAA instructor in alpine climbing and have a fair experience of glacier travel (more than 100 trips)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:47 am 
UW Climber

Hi

I better join this when i am still in The States. I proberly wont need to use these skills much in the Danish hills. But i will join anyway....

1) Learner
2) I have no car
3) I have no gear
4) Same... no gear
5) Nothing.....

/Christian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:11 am 
UW Climber

1. I am coming as a learner
2. I can drive, I have a van and can transport myself +6 others + some gear
3. I have a harness and ice axe, as well as a shovel Edit (for all the gear gurus): I will have prussiks and slings and biners even one ascender
4. I will have a picket and a couple extra ice axes as well as some rope, not the climbing type but good for practice.
5. A tiny bit of experience with glacier travel, none with crevasse rescue

Looking forward to it!
-Kevin

Last edited by Kevin Kohlmeier on Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:15 am 
Dr. Crevasse

For those of you who need an ice ax or helmet, you can check one out from the IMA.
NOTE: You must be a member of the climbing club ()
Hours: (Spring 2009) 4:00-6:00 Thursday and Friday

If you need a harness, you should check one out from the club office located in the HUB:
Hours: Wednesdays 3:30-4:30 and Thursdays noon-1:00

I will ask those who have them to bring extra biners, hopefully we can make up the difference this way.

For those that do not have prussiks, I strongly encourage you to buy some cord at Feathered Friends (club gets a discount) or REI prior to Saturday. Prussiks are useful for rock climbing as well: escaping belays, backing up rappels, hauling, climbing and lower systems... I will have a few extra in case you don't have a chance to buy one.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:09 am 
Snaffle Whisperer

1. I'm coming as a learner.
2. See Kris Haskins' post -- I'll be riding with him (we can drive if need be, but prefer to carpool if possible).
3. I have my own personal gear.
4. See Kris' post for our group gear.
5. No glacier travel experience.

Thanks for organizing!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:56 am 
UW Climber

1. I'm coming as a learner
2. I've no car. I am planning to travel with Sylvain
3. I have all my personal gear
4. I have no group gear
5. I have no glacier travel experience

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:12 pm 
The Pub Czar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:52 pm 
UW Climber

1. Learner.
2. No car.
3. I need prusiks, 1 locking biner, 3 non-locking (I might be able to buy some prusiks)
4. No group gear.
5. I've climbed a couple non-technical glaciers (Mt. Adams twice, one of the Sisters (I forget which one, probably whichever is easier/less technical))

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:57 pm 
UW Climber

1. Coming to learn
2. I can’t drive…but I think I already have a ride with Zoe (if she's driving)
3. I don’t have an ice axe or a helmet, but I’ll borrow them from the IMA
4. I don’t have any group gear to contribute.
5. Very little experience with glaciers and no experience with crevasse rescue
Can't wait!
Kelly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:03 pm 
UW Climber

I am planning on attending

1. If you are coming as a teacher or learner.
- Coming as a learner
2. If you can drive and how many people you can transport.
- I have a car, can take 3
3. If you need any personal gear.
- Only have an alpine harness
4. What group gear you can contribute.
- none
5. Your experience level with glaciers and crevasse rescue.
- none

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:25 pm 
UW Climber

Hello!

1. If you are coming as a teacher or learner.
Learner, with a small previous experience.

2. If you can drive and how many people you can transport
No car, sorry...
I live in Greenlake.

3. If you need any personal gear.
Need:-helmet
-ice ax
-biners
(-crampons)

4. What group gear you can contribute
No group gear, sorry...

5. Your experience level with glaciers and crevasse rescue
Little experience with glacier, none with rescue.

Jean-Baptiste

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:22 pm 
UW Climber

1. Learner
2. I'm planning to ride with Sabrina
3. Am working on getting the stuff I don't have, I'll update if I can't get it all. Do we need crampons? I don't have them.
4. No group gear.
5. No experience

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:08 am 
UW Climber

I would like to go

1. I'm a learner
2. Need a ride
3. I need prusiks, locking biners, and non-locking biners
4. Unfortunately don't have group gear
5. No experience with glaciers and crevasse rescue

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next