[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Climbing Club • View topic - Spring Vantage Trip 4/11-12/09

The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:19 am 
Raging Alpoholic

Hello all,

With spring finally here, let’s get out and climb some rocks! We will be able to set up plenty of top-rope routes, so all experience levels are welcome on this trip.

What to bring:

Everyone will need a harness, shoes and a helmet for climbing.

We will be car camping (dirt-bag style), so bring all necessary gear for that. There are no amenities at Vantage, so bring enough water for the entire weekend! The restroom situation is also questionable at best (there may not be one at all), so bring toiletries. Bring food for breakfasts and lunches. For Saturday night, the Climbing Club will be pitching in for dinner. Nathan has offered his grill, so we’ll have sausages and hamburgers for everyone. Bring your own camp dishes and eating utensils. You are still technically supposed to have a Fish and Wildlife parking permit (you can get these at Big 5 on the Ave), but parking is very rarely enforced, so it’s your call on that.

If you want to come along respond to this thread with:
1. Can you drive and how many passengers can you take?
2. Do you have a tent/Need a tent?
3. Do you have a rope and/or draws?
4. When can you go? And how long can you stay?

I'll get a carpool list figured out by Friday morning and it will be edited into this post.
I can be reached by PM or 360-471-9227 if you have any questions.

Hope to see you all there!

UPDATE:
Sorry, this is kind of long….

I have the carpool list finished and food for those signed up. This means if you still want to come to Vantage this weekend, you’re on your own. Since the club is covering the cost of dinner, those of you that have not paid dues this year and are staying Saturday night should bring $3 to help cover the cost of food and beverages for this trip.

Please PM those in your car or your driver (if you are a passenger) to exchange phone numbers and arrange a time and place to meet. The Burke museum or the Ravenna Park and Ride (Northeast 65th Street and Eighth Avenue Northeast) have always been good spots to meet. The drive to Vantage is about 2.5 hours. Exit 143 off of I-90, turn left under the highway, turn left on Vantage road.

For those of you driving out on Friday night, I am hoping to snag the same campsite as last fall. It is just below the South side of the Feathers. Call me if you can find it. If you said you have a tent on your post, bring it and we should have plenty (no need to borrow from the IMA).

I am hoping to start out at Millennium Wall on Saturday morning. There are tons of great, close together routes here ranging from 5.7-5.11, with a bunch of them in the 5.10 range. Then perhaps some of us can migrate over to Sunshine Wall for crack climbing (I see a few of you have trad racks). If you are arriving at Vantage on Saturday morning and nobody in your car knows how to find Millennium Wall, call me when you get to Vantage (cell phones work great out there) and I’ll help you find us.

We can have a campfire there this time of year. Evan will be bringing a couple bundles of firewood. If anyone else has access to some wood, bring it.

Lastly, BRING LOTS OF WATER! There is no water at Vantage.

Carpool List:

Car 1
Valerie (driver)
Nathan

Car 2
David Goulet (driver)
Dylan Price
Maggie Avener
Arthur (return Sat w/ Jackie)

Car 3
Hayley (driver)
Nick

Car 4
Evan (driver)
Kurt Zogorski
Yinghua
Adam Greenhall

Car 5
Mason (driver)
Jackie

Car 6
Kris (driver)

Car 7
Heleng (driver)
Friend
Maria Stenquist

Car 8
Jon Toner (driver)
Michelle H
JennyTisoncik

Car 9
Aaron Hossack (driver)
Sylvain
Melanie

*Let me know if I somehow missed anyone in this list.

See you all there!

Last edited by Valerie Wall on Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:42 am 
Raging Alpoholic

I'll be there!

1. I can drive and take 2 passengers
2. I have a two person tent
3. I have a rope and 8 quickdraws
4. I'm hoping to leave Seattle Friday night and return Sunday evening

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:22 pm 
UW Climber

I'd like to go!

1) I'd be happy to drive, but I don't have a car. I do have a DFW permit that someone can borrow.
2) I have a 2-person tent and can share with someone.
3) I have 2 ropes and a lot of quickdraws (17 I think). I also have a trad rack that I wouldn't mind bringing.
4) I can leave any time (Friday evening and early Saturday morning work well). It'd be really good if I could be in Seattle at 6 on Sunday, but if nobody else is heading back that early, I can deal with getting back a little later.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:51 pm 
UW Climber

I'd like to go!

1. I don't have a car (but am more than happy to drive if you don't want to).
2. I don't have a tent, but don't need a tent.
3. I do have a rope and draws.
4. Anytime from Thus night to Mon morning (with a preference for being there most of the weekend).

Last edited by adam greenhall on Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:04 pm 
Cap'n Wingspan

I'm planning on going. i've got a car, can drive, and I have all the required gear. I've got a couple tents I can bring.

as of two weekends ago the previously overflowing porta-potties are no longer there, so you'll need to dig a pit or bag it out. I'll bring a spade.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:07 pm 
UW Climber

I'd like to go, however, am likely going to go up 4/10- 4/11 because of Easter festivities on Sunday. However, I will be driving and have a rope/draws and a tent.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:57 am 
UW Climber

Perhaps the next weekend is a better idea. Easter is a pretty important holiday to many people, myself included. Weather permitting I'll be heading up there the next weekend myself.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:04 am 
Dr. Crevasse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:53 am 
Raging Alpoholic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:10 pm 
The Shepherd

1. I have a car and can drive, but my plan is to be back in Seattle by 7:30ish on Saturday.

2. I have a tent.

3. I have a rope and draws and will probably bring gear as well

4. I can leave Friday night around 6:30-7, and need to be back before 8PM Saturday.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:39 pm 
UW Climber

I'd like to go!

1. I do not have a car.

2. I don't have a tent, but I will get one from the IMA.

3. I have no rope and no quickdraws.

4. I can leave Friday evening and come back Sunday evening.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:52 pm 
UW Climber

I will be there, cannot provide a ride or shelter, but will be bringing rope, draws and gear. Friday through Sunday.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:17 pm 
Cap'n Posthole

I'm in.
I have a car and can take three
I have a 4 person tent.
I have a rope, no draws.
I can leave whenever, but would like to be back mid-day/afternoon Sunday.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:07 pm 
UW Climber

Sweet, a meeting was canceled and I now have the weekend free. I have a car (2 other people, 3 squeezed), rope, draws and gear.

I can only go on Saturday though, leaving early and coming back late.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:38 pm 
UW Climber

I will be going Sat and Sun, and bringing Nick along as well. I have a car with room for 2 more, but I will be leaving Vantage around 2-3 pm on Sunday. I have a rope, quick draws, trad rack, and a tent. Looking forward to more climbing!!!

***As of last weekend, there was a single, functioning port-a-potty in the camping area, although who knows how long that will last!