The Climbing Club

at the University of Washington
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:31 pm 
Offline
UW Climber
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:07 am
Posts: 43
Location: Seattle
Folks,

Saturday or Sunday I am looking to snow-shoe / ski / hike something at Rainier
(just to enjoy the severe weather really). Suggested destinations include:

Success divide up to where it is safe
or
Moving towards Observation Rock up to where it is safe
or
Moving towards Puyallup cleaver up to where it is safe
or
If visibility is not too bad and avalanche danger is assessed
to be low, then I would consider any ski trip you can think of
(note that Crystal opens on Saturday with $25 lift tickets).

PM me if interested.
Ibex


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:46 pm 
Offline
UW Climber

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:34 am
Posts: 324
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
I'd be interested in a sunday trip, I have cross-country/telemark skis and would love to see some snow. Send me an email or give me a call if that works for you, 916.205.0916.
-Sarah


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:28 pm 
Offline
UW Climber
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:34 pm
Posts: 404
Location: Edmonds WA
I would also love to get out and try some snow-shoeing/hiking on sunday. Although I dont ski :( So tell me what you decide to do.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:39 am 
Offline
UW Climber

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:00 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Seattle
I was planning on heading up to Paradise tomorrow with my snowshoes and dragging my snowboard up to like pan point/mcclure rock, or however high I want to go contingent on the wind.

Its short notice so call me if you'd like to carpool - I have a wagon w/all wheel drive.

206-335-4682


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:19 pm 
Offline
UW Climber
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:07 am
Posts: 43
Location: Seattle
Hey folks,

The Crystal Mountain has increased the lift ticket price to $40 (from $25 yesterday). This means that today they had more people than expected, that means it was probably quite crowded there with so few runs open.

How about doing something else ? I am thinking checking Muir field, since weather forecast for Sunday has improved. Of course we need to check for avalanche danger. Do you have b/c gear ?

I will be away from my computer after 8:30PM tonight, but I will check for messages very early tomorrow morning again. I am thinking of leaving at about 7AM from Seattle. Give me a call or text me at anytime.

Panos


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:33 pm 
Offline
UW Climber

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:00 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Seattle
I'm not sure what I'm doing now. The weather on the snowfield is going to be crappy. I don't know whether you've been up there during one of these fraser river valley blasts, but you're looking at sub-zero temps PLUS high winds. Also, the park gate may not be open by nine if they have plows running.

I might be up to it - I haven't decided if I just want to go to Crystal instead.

If you do go, there is nearly zero avalanche danger, except directly underneath pan point (about 6700'). If you want to go to Crystal, I'd definitely be down for a carpool.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group